Survey on high priority Radeons bugs -> 2009-10-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    EDIT - just remembered something -- I noticed you mentioned that Google Earth wasn't working well -- it seems to run fine if you run it from the command line with vblank_mode=0.
    Intriguing. Maybe it works for my rv670 without any params because the vblank sync requires interrupts whose documentation is yet undelivered...

Comment

Actually right now the documentation is unwritten. You can't call it undelivered yet
      Test signature

Comment

Actually right now the documentation is unwritten. You can't call it undelivered yet
        That's a matter of perception, I guess. I could say a pizza delivery company hasn't yet delivered me a pizza regardless of whether it's still in the oven or not, couldn't I? (I wonder what it is with me and pizzas, I seem to raise them at every occasions; maybe I'm just hungry)

Comment

Alberto Milone (Canonical), hours ago:

Originally posted by OMGWTFBBQ
          We are still looking into the possibility to get a working 3D driver for
          r600 in time for Karmic. I can't promise anything though.
          Would be pretty cool if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            That's a matter of perception, I guess. I could say a pizza delivery company hasn't yet delivered me a pizza regardless of whether it's still in the oven or not, couldn't I? (I wonder what it is with me and pizzas, I seem to raise them at every occasions; maybe I'm just hungry)
            I think a better analogy here would be that the pizza company has not delivered a pizza which you have not yet ordered, which is one of those philosophical concepts best discussed over pizza at 3am. Since I live out in the sticks I make my own pizza, thereby avoiding the potential deadlock situation.

Anyways, I don't think interrupts are gating the initial release of 6xx/7xx 3D.
            Test signature

Comment

I think a better analogy here would be that the pizza company has not delivered a pizza which you have not yet ordered, which is one of those philosophical concepts best discussed over pizza at 3am. Since I live out in the sticks I make my own pizza, thereby avoiding the potential deadlock situation.

Anyways, I don't think interrupts are gating the initial release of 6xx/7xx 3D.
              I suspect a lot of beer would also help the dicussion. And yeah, I don't claim interrupts mean that much right now. Mostly will probably reduce CPU usage (due to polling not happening anymore) and we getting working vsync with KMS.

Comment

Working...
              X