AMD Eyefinity 24 Display Tech Demo On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
    There is the Radeon 4850 X2 which costs less than 200 EUR and has 4 DVI outputs.
    But it is not exactly silent.
    Yes, but you can't use 4 of those to drive a 3d application on 16 displays.

Much as I'd like to see this, there's simply no way that Ati will release this functionality on desktop cards.

Comment

Please provide a free video alternative.

(!!!)

Comment

Looks like garbage

With those bezels it looks like garbage.

What is the goal here? To create a giant display? To have a ultra high resolution display? Both?

Dear god use projectors already. Then you'd have no bezel and keep the resolution and go even bigger. Or, you could keep the size, and go lower resolution with just 4 projectors.

Comment

If they do not support, in Linux, all the features that are currently in Windows for the present batch of cards and IGPs, including those cards well over two years old -- I wonder when they will acutally support in linux all the features in these new cards?

2025?

Comment

Thanks AMD for keeping the pace!

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
              Please provide a free video alternative.

(!!!)

I don't think Phoronix has the original video files of the entire YouTube website.

PS: You can also install the YouTube downloader firefox add-on and play the .flv file with vlc...

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/#downloading

I don't think Phoronix has the original video files of the entire YouTube website.

PS: You can also install the YouTube downloader firefox add-on and play the .flv file with vlc...
                Maybe I even don't want to use mp3? (software patents). Gnash does not work so well here. And why the hell flash for videos? -.-

I thought michael made this video, so I thought he had the source video file.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
                  Maybe I even don't want to use mp3? (software patents)
                  Rofl. You are only infringing if you redistribute/sell MP3 encoders/decoders. VLC has a free implementation. MP3 is not video moron. MP4 is, so what has this to do with all of this?

Gnash does not work so well here. And why the hell flash for videos? -.-
                  Because maybe you wanted to watch a video, but I guess you just want to complain? <_<'

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    Rofl. You are only infringing if you redistribute/sell MP3 encoders/decoders. VLC has a free implementation. MP3 is not video moron. MP4 is, so what has this to do with all of this?
                    Actually no. MP4 is a container. It might contain sound encoded in eg AAC, MP3, MP2 and various others. Heck, it might contain various video codecs from h.264 to MPEG2.
                    I admit video/audio/container standardization is pretty much a bloody mess... Have to be careful there to get the right impression.

Comment

Then again, listening to MP4 that has MP3 as sound codec is never forbidden anyway, only creating one without a license is.

Comment

Working...
                      X