X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkfire Fox
    replied
    Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    Did I miss something, Normaly Ubuntu releases new versions all 6 months, and that should be true for Karmic, too.

So it should come on 29th of October.
    Oops. I meant Ubuntu 10.04; I don't know what it's codename is yet.
    Ubuntu 9.10, "Karmic", will not likely have kernel 2.6.32.

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Louise View Post
    I see. Does that also hold for DisplayPort?

I remember seeing Improved DisplayPort as a feature for Fedora 12. Does DisplayPort also wait for KMS to stabilize?
    You can implement both of those both over userspace modesetting and KMS. I don't know which that feature for Fedora 12 refers to. The thing is, both need to be eventually implemented over KMS since userspace modesetting is being deprecated in favour of KMS where KMS is available.

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    It's not that useful even if it was since it has to be separately ported to KMS. The HDMI audio radeonhd has is strictly related to userspace modesetting and won't work with KMS without porting it altogether to KMS infrastructure.
    I see. Does that also hold for DisplayPort?

I remember seeing Improved DisplayPort as a feature for Fedora 12. Does DisplayPort also wait for KMS to stabilize?

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Louise View Post
    Btw. Does anyone know what happened to the HDMI patch that was made for the Radeon drivers ported over from RadeonHD?
    It's not that useful even if it was since it has to be separately ported to KMS. The HDMI audio radeonhd has is strictly related to userspace modesetting and won't work with KMS without porting it altogether to KMS infrastructure.

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied
    Btw. Does anyone know what happened to the HDMI patch that was made for the Radeon drivers ported over from RadeonHD?

Was it applied, and end of story?

Leave a comment:

• lbcoder
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
    So is it pretty reasonable to expect "classic Mesa" R600 3D support to land in the first round of 2010 distro releases?
    Or the last round of 2009 distro releases... Fedora Rawhide supposed to get it TODAY, rawhide goes stable (if you can call it that...) as Fedora 12 on Nov 10 (if it keeps to schedule, which would be unusual).

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Well hopefully Lucid's Hydra chip makes proprietary, vender specific, multiple GPU solutions a thing of the past in the near future. (Hopefully Lucid does it to in a manner that support can be done at the kernel level.)

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I imagine the driver code needs to know about multiple GPUs even if it is only using one of them. I guess there are four stages of "support" :

nothing at all - driver gets confused and crashes when >1 GPU

awareness - driver can only work with one GPU at a time but knows enough to ignore the other ones

multi-GPU - driver can support multiple GPUs with different screens on each GPU

multi-GPU rendering - like Crossfire, driver can divide work across multiple GPU engines and combine the results to a single screen

Leave a comment:

• Drago
    replied
    X2?

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    There has been discussion about adding support for Crossfire-like operation to the open drivers but it's a large task and I don't expect it to happen in the near future. Crossfire is not something you can just enable in the hardware.
    Yes, I know it is not. The reason I am asking this, is because I saw gpu_address variable in some of radeon files in drm.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    There has been discussion about adding support for Crossfire-like operation to the open drivers but it's a large task and I don't expect it to happen in the near future. Crossfire is not something you can just enable in the hardware.
    Last edited by bridgman; 09 September 2009, 08:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X