radeor video acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post
    If I was going to spend ~$50 and get an ATI card with a tiny, whiny, 40mm fan, I would move up to the RV730 class: RadeonHD 4650 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102829

Personally, I opted for an RV710/4550 with passive cooling because I'm a neurotic lover of silent computing (and not much of a gamer).
    hmm... more money, impossible-to-fit shape, only one DVI.... why would you want that junk?

Comment

Not sure whether you're referring to the 4650 or 4550, but I'm looking at the dual-DVI Sapphire 4350 :

Buy SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4350 1GB GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card 100274L with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!
      Last edited by bridgman; 18 September 2009, 04:15 PM.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by lbcoder View Post
        hmm... more money, impossible-to-fit shape, only one DVI.... why would you want that junk?
        The main purpose for that card you're commenting on is low-profile cases for things like media centers. Sometimes you're limited by form factor. I'll bet you could even get an HDMI->DVI adapter (they're electrically identical) and use both outputs.

Comment

Working...
        X