r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crispy View Post
    I thought of that possibiblity also, but was worried that passive cooling would require a big case and some ventilation etc. How hot does it run while playing HD?

Another nice thing about the ION platform though is some of the boards have their own PSU's and being micro itx you can have a tiny tiny case
    Never more than 35?, with only 2 x 12cm case fan (almost inaudible).
    The case is an Antec New Solution NSK2480 -EC with an integrated 380W PSU.

Comment

• can somebody check heroes of newerth with the latest drivers?
      would be willing to give a beta account to testers
      just pm me your email adress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
        can somebody check heroes of newerth with the latest drivers?
        would be willing to give a beta account to testers
        just pm me your email adress.
        I last tried HoN last week and the only rendering errors left are that the buildings are too large. And some of the water ripples are messed up.

The black ground issue is gone, and animations are working.

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
          I last tried HoN last week and the only rendering errors left are that the buildings are too large. And some of the water ripples are messed up.

The black ground issue is gone, and animations are working.
          wow sound great?
          how fast was the game with which gpu?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
            wow sound great?
            how fast was the game with which gpu?
            I had the settings on low, but at 1440x900.
            I don't have any FPS measurements but it was certainly playable on my 4850; it was more than 30fps. I could probably turn some of the settings up, I just haven't tried it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
              I had the settings on low, but at 1440x900.
              I don't have any FPS measurements but it was certainly playable on my 4850; it was more than 30fps. I could probably turn some of the settings up, I just haven't tried it.
              im actually suprised it even feels playable!
              this means there is only powermanagement left on my "ati oss driver"-wishlist until i can use it on my notebook!

btw:
              does editing posts work for anybody?

Comment

• I just tried to play Serious Sam (Second Encounter, if that matter) through wine. Unfortunately, triangles aren't rendered in proper order, e.g. I can see through walls (probably an issue with Z buffer). Using fglrx it works properly. Note that this game uses OpenGL (no D3D). I can't see any message from driver/wine/game, so I don't know what to do. I tried nearly all video options and nothing changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wielkie G View Post
                  I just tried to play Serious Sam (Second Encounter, if that matter) through wine. Unfortunately, triangles aren't rendered in proper order, e.g. I can see through walls (probably an issue with Z buffer). Using fglrx it works properly. Note that this game uses OpenGL (no D3D). I can't see any message from driver/wine/game, so I don't know what to do. I tried nearly all video options and nothing changed.
                  Have you ever tried this?

Comment

• Unfortunately I have no original CD (I bought a magazine some time ago which had this game on its CD, but doesn't work with Loki installer).

Comment

• Now I think that it isn't a problem with r600 driver. I tried the game with LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1. It worked very slow, because it used software rasterizer (swrast_dri.so). The problem was still there - it must be a problem with mesa in general. Maybe adjusting wine settings would help, I'll try these too.

Comment

Working...
                      X