r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Perry3D View Post
    I get the same error message when running xbmc.
    xbmc is another app that wants GLSL: http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_for...m_requirements

Comment

• Yeah but you can disable it. I had no problem running xbmc with the radeon-driver on my r500 (which also doesn't support GLSL yet).

Comment

• Hm, after last night's update, all GL applications freeze. anyone else experiencing this (DRI1 + DDX, no KMS)

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
          Hm, after last night's update, all GL applications freeze. anyone else experiencing this (DRI1 + DDX, no KMS)
          I updated my Karmic last night and GL is broken. For me, apps don't freeze, but I'm back to software rendering.

Comment

• Good to know.

It could be something else being broken on my gentoo (I've been chasing broken libGL.la links around for a day), so it's good to know others are having trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by geoffp View Post
              I updated my Karmic last night and GL is broken. For me, apps don't freeze, but I'm back to software rendering.
              The updates probably overwrote your mesa install. make clean, make install mesa again and you should be fine.

Comment

Hm, after last night's update, all GL applications freeze. anyone else experiencing this (DRI1 + DDX, no KMS)
                I had an issue with glxgears freezing after updating and restarting X, but rebooting solved my issues. Make sure you get the latest DRM updates.
                Last edited by DanL; 22 September 2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• That could be it. I didn't update x11-drm because gentoo hard-masked it (due to it being moved to the kernel), but you can't get the relevant kernel through gentoo repository yet :/

I'll unmask it, reinstall, and reboot.

EDIT: Yeah, that fixed it.
                  Last edited by pingufunkybeat; 22 September 2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fran View Post
                    That's the same bug I mentioned in quake3. Some textures affixed to walls and floors (blood stains, shadows) are visible through walls. It also happens in neverball.

It's been like this since the driver started working. I hope the devs locate the bug soon, it's an annoying artifact.
                    I just updated mesa and it appears that this bug is fixed now. But now Half-Life 2 doesn't run anymore.

Code:
                    *********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
                    File r700_render.c function r700TryDrawPrims line 1031
                    Rendering was 1406 commands larger than predicted size. We might overflow  command buffer.
                    ***************************************************************************
                    drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream. See dmesg for more info.
                    dmesg:
                    Code:
                    [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* cs->dwords too big: 19900
                    Last edited by monraaf; 23 September 2009, 03:52 AM.

Comment

That could be it. I didn't update x11-drm because gentoo hard-masked it (due to it being moved to the kernel), but you can't get the relevant kernel through gentoo repository yet :/
                      It's hardmasked because it's not updated anymore. Kernel sources give you newer DRM.

Comment

Working...
                      X