Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to play the Cogs demo, but if i start it wine says:
    Code:
    err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly
    fixme:d3d_caps:wined3d_guess_vendor Received unrecognized GL_VENDOR "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc."
    Is this "normal" or can i do anything against it?

Comment

• Are you using a 64-bit distribution? If so, do you have the 32-bit drivers installed as well?

Adam

Comment

• Well i'm using Ubuntu 9.10 64bit and i guess i haven't installed the 32bit drivers.
        How can i do this? I'm using the xorg-edgers ppa for my 64bit drivers, can i get the 32bit version from them as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boerkel View Post
          I tried to play the Cogs demo, but if i start it wine says:
          Code:
          err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly
          fixme:d3d_caps:wined3d_guess_vendor Received unrecognized GL_VENDOR "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc."
          Is this "normal" or can i do anything against it?
          Tell wine to fix their GL vendor check.

Comment

• While the fact that wine doesn't recognize the vendor string is certainly an issue, the lack of direct rendering is probably a bigger issue :-)

As for how to install the 32-bit drivers, I'm not sure. I don't use Ubuntu, and have always compiled and installed the drivers from source.

Adam

Comment

• We don't know if he has direct rendering or not.

Wine is known to report this incorrectly.

Comment

• Well i'm using compiz here with my Mobility Radeon HD 2600 and the radeon driver, so direct rendering should work.
                That means the problem is probably something in wine. But i don't know what it is and if there is any workaround or something to fix it.

Comment

Well i'm using compiz here with my Mobility Radeon HD 2600 and the radeon driver, so direct rendering should work.
                  That means the problem is probably something in wine. But i don't know what it is and if there is any workaround or something to fix it.

Having direct rendering for 64-bit apps (such as compiz) is not the same has having direct rendering for 32-bit apps, such as wine.

Adam

Comment

Well i'm using compiz here with my Mobility Radeon HD 2600 and the radeon driver, so direct rendering should work.
                    Check glxinfo for direct rendering's status.

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                      Check glxinfo for direct rendering's status.
                      That also doesn't mean much if the glxinfo is 64-bit. It will only give the DRI status for 64-bit applications, not 32-bit.

Let's check this first, though... Does /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so exist?

Comment

Working...
                      X