No announcement yet.

r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just piping in that I got everything compiled & installed with a 4850 and got xbmc running. Video suffers from corruption everywhere and the Project M vis seems to be running in software (extremely slow), but the main functionality is there

Comment

• Between today's mesa update and yesterday's, openarena has become terribly corrupted. I can't even read the opening menu.
      Neverball seems to work fine though.

Comment

• Looks like there are some issues with the draw_prims code Richard has been adding over the last couple of days.

In the short term if you run openarena using indirect rendering (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 openarena) it works fine on my system; seems like running indirect prevents the draw_prims API call from being used..
        Last edited by bridgman; 23 September 2009, 09:26 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

• you can also comment out line 1133 of r700_render.c to disable the new draw_prims code:

Code:
          --- a/src/mesa/drivers/dri/r600/r700_render.c
          +++ b/src/mesa/drivers/dri/r600/r700_render.c
          @@ -1130,7 +1130,7 @@ static void r700DrawPrims(GLcontext *ctx,
               context_t *context = R700_CONTEXT(ctx);

/* For non indexed drawing, using tnl pipe. */
          -    if(!ib)
          +    //if(!ib)
               {
                   context->ind_buf.bo = NULL;

Comment

• Hi, I haven't tried the gits in a bit but tried them today while also loading urbanterror on 64 bit slackware. The radeon driver worked fairly well with integrated hd3200. Good job devs.

Comment

• Latest mesa also led to really bad corruption and a Xorg lockup in Quake Live for me. Haven't tried turning off direct rendering yet.

Comment

• X lockup with direct rendering sounds Bad (tm). Wonder if we already have the GPU reset code to recover from GPU lockups.

Comment

• the driver is borked in last builds, glxgears with direct rendering - app freeze, with inderect (via aiglx) - system lockup

Comment

• Hi,

maybe the wrong place but after searching a long time I can't find a HowTo for this driver to install.

Is there any HowTo on the web? Google can't find anything.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by blabub View Post
                      Hi,

maybe the wrong place but after searching a long time I can't find a HowTo for this driver to install.

Is there any HowTo on the web? Google can't find anything.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X