Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Yes!

Nexuiz works (but opponents are invisible).
    That may be an off-by-one error in Nexuiz. Other drivers simply ignore this, but Mesa (absolutely correctly) rejects affected meshes IIRC.

Please try the latest build over at http://rm.endoftheinternet.org/~nexuiz/builds/

edit: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22743
    Last edited by SavageX; 13 September 2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boerkel View Post
      My xserver crashes when i try to start Google Earth. I'm using mesa from xorg-edgers and built the latest drm on Ubuntu Jaunty. (Mobility Radeon HD 2600)
      Well, I was using drm-next kernel with KMS. *shrug*

Comment

• Originally posted by SavageX View Post
        That may be an off-by-one error in Nexuiz. Other drivers simply ignore this, but Mesa (absolutely correctly) rejects affected meshes IIRC.

Please try the latest build over at http://rm.endoftheinternet.org/~nexuiz/builds/

edit: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22743
        Indeed, that was it, it works fine with the latest build. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

• As of late, I've been having issues with the "bloom" feature of openarena (extremely low fps in the initial menu and in the game itself). I believe it started since the "constant TEX coord" commit, but I would have to bisect to be sure. The only difference I see in the log with bloom is this:

Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glTexParameter(param=0x0)
          Ubuntu 9.04, RV710
          radeonhd, mesa, agd5f's drm built from latest git (yes, I make clean'd this time :P )

Comment

• Looks like a general mesa issue rather than something specific to r600. A bisect would be helpful.

Comment

• I just got nexuiz running, great work guys! :D

Less luck with UT, it crashes at the splash screen:
              Code:
              ut2004-bin: radeon_common.c:1257: rcommonEnsureCmdBufSpace: Assertion `rmesa->cmdbuf.cs->cdw' failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nils View Post
                The "r600: fix texcoords from constants" fix also makes nexuiz work a bit better. I can now enter a map and play for a while.
                Unfortunately all my opponents seem so be invisible. Also, after a minute or two nexuiz crashes with:
                Code:
                drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream. See dmesg for more info.
                dmesg says:
                Code:
                [ 5214.471745] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* cs->dwords too big: 16387
                I get the same error message when running xbmc.

Comment

• What awesome news this is.

Quake Live runs great, but Wine games are unusably slow -- I've tried Deus Ex and SimCity 4. Deus Ex is slow whether you use the OpenGL renderer or the D3D one. OpenGL is a bit faster, but still in the neighborhood of 5fps on my 3870.

This is on Karmic + Xorg Crack, no KMS. Anyone seeing good Wine performance?

Comment

• I think Wine tends to want GLSL and GL 2.0; the current drivers aren't there yet. The big obstacle was a good kernel memory manager, which is now pretty much done (GEM/TTM) so work is starting on supporting higher levels of GL.
                    Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by geoffp View Post
                      What awesome news this is.

Quake Live runs great, but Wine games are unusably slow -- I've tried Deus Ex and SimCity 4. Deus Ex is slow whether you use the OpenGL renderer or the D3D one. OpenGL is a bit faster, but still in the neighborhood of 5fps on my 3870.

This is on Karmic + Xorg Crack, no KMS. Anyone seeing good Wine performance?
                      Strange, Deus Ex plays fine here on a HD 3200 (Ubuntu 9.04), not slow at all, same for Half-Life.

Comment

Working...
                      X