Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An End-User Has Made It Easier To Build ROCm & AMD GPU Machine Learning Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    First, most of these innovations are stolen. Corporations love to buy startups and hire massive loads of related talents is their corporate and legal way to do it, but they even blatably copy others too. Their attitude is quite parasitic.

Corporate oligopoly is the worst for innovation. We are in an age of technology that innovation is purposely stagnated by an oligopoly just to make benefits higher.
    I don't have a source handy, but I do recall Google themselves violating someone's patents and using their weight to flat-out suppress any retaliation against that person for trying to defend their patent. Again, no idea what patent this was, but it was a notable issue for a moment.

Comment

You're an absolute imbecile. No offense—just an accurate observation of your asinine drivel.

Innovation? Stolen. Big corporations buy out startups, hijack talent, and shamelessly plagiarize ideas. Their greed is monstrously parasitic.

Corporate oligopolies don’t just stifle innovation—they crush it. We're trapped in a tech quagmire, meticulously orchestrated to line their already bloated pockets.

Moore’s Law? Long dead, thanks to these corporate leeches. They hoard breakthrough tech that could make today’s CPUs and GPUs look like ancient relics, just to keep milking us with overpriced, obsolete junk.

Keep parroting corporate propaganda, and you might actually start believing the bullshit you spew. Congrats on your delusion!

Are you capable of a single independent thought, or are you just another mindless corporate puppet?​
      moore's law isn't dead you moron the pacing of innovation in tech industry is heavily misinterpreted corporations adapting slower means tech is consistently evolving nonetheless nvidia proprietary drivers are proven better for user friendliness no need for the entire system update for just one component chess not checkers whiners are trapped in dependency hell with messy open-source graphics drivers long live corporate control at least it's stable and more practical you just can't ignore years of effective application and support

Comment

Originally posted by emansom View Post
        Would love it if these developers just stopped with the whole NIH syndrome, and instead just learned about regular distro package management. This would be a much better fit in a third party deb/rpm/makepkg repository.
        I am familiar with the RPM packaging and sometimes done also debian packages. Granted, I am not familiar how mass-builds of hundreds of RPM's are done but at least the regular rpmbuild -ba package.spec command is pretty slow process compared to the thing I want to achieve here.

I think that the distro packaging is really a separate step from this kind of more development related application maintenance where the underlying stack is still evolving fast.

I do not have time to do the rpm and deb packages separately for different versions of opensuse, mageia, debian, fedora and ubuntu versions for example for each would need their own spec file because there are small syntax differences. So 5 x 80, I would have for example 400 spec files to maintain...

Granted, it's not always easy with this way either. Ubuntu for example seems to demand much more detailed instructions from where to search cmake packages compared to the Mageia or Fedora which seems to be able to find cmake-config files also from subdirectories. Then Fedora seems to lack quite more often the cmake config files compared to the Ubuntu or Mageia or Opensuse. (Unlike other distros, Fedora's zstd is for example missing the cmake config files for checking whether it's libraries are installed)

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
          If you need a Polaris graphic card, I have a spare Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 560 4 GB to give away.
          these cards with only 4GB ram are incompatible and useless the smallest target is 7billion AIs means you need 8GB vram cards.

i am pretty sure no one will support 4GB Polaris cards. they maybe support 480/580 8gb cards.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

You're an absolute imbecile. No offense—just an accurate observation of your asinine drivel.

Innovation? Stolen. Big corporations buy out startups, hijack talent, and shamelessly plagiarize ideas. Their greed is monstrously parasitic.

Corporate oligopolies don’t just stifle innovation—they crush it. We're trapped in a tech quagmire, meticulously orchestrated to line their already bloated pockets.

Moore’s Law? Long dead, thanks to these corporate leeches. They hoard breakthrough tech that could make today’s CPUs and GPUs look like ancient relics, just to keep milking us with overpriced, obsolete junk.

Keep parroting corporate propaganda, and you might actually start believing the bullshit you spew. Congrats on your delusion!

Are you capable of a single independent thought, or are you just another mindless corporate puppet?​
            This is the type of extremism that open source attracts and frankly is a stain on the OSS landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
              And conveniently, you ignore that thanks to Intel illegal actions, AMD was at the brink of bankruptcy and it took them a long time to pay their debts. So excuse them for not throwing their non existent money on GPUs.

Heck, they might still have some debts on their name.
              You are right about that, a look at AMD's P&L does indicate debt:

Probably why AMD is not one of The Motley Fools 10 must buy stocks:

Comment

Originally posted by ahrs View Post
                That was work AMD directly paid for. They just decided not to go with it for business reasons (either because they want to encourage people to use their own product stack or because of CUDA licensing reasons)
                What 'business reasons' would that be? Has halting that project encouraged ppl to use their own product stack now?

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

You are right about that, a look at AMD's P&L does indicate debt:

Probably why AMD is not one of The Motley Fools 10 must buy stocks:

That poster is entertaining. Usually, he's just hating on nvidia - which I think is okay but this is the first time I've read a post of him sugarcoating AMD's failings. So, AMD DOESN'T have any focus or value on their gpu/gpgpu line? Wow, 'wouldn't think an nvidia hater would concede that even slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
                    What 'business reasons' would that be? Has halting that project encouraged ppl to use their own product stack now?
                    AMD didn't make those reasons public. My guess would be they don't want people using CUDA even if it would have provided a short-term respite they'd rather play the long game and improve ROCm.

Comment

Working...
                    X