No announcement yet.

AMD's Longtime Open-Source Linux Graphics Driver Advocate Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Bridgman for your hard work over the years, wish you all the best and a prosperous life ahead. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Happy retirement, good sir!

Comment

Thank you Bridgman for all the amazing work with AMDGPU. Works great on Linux and *BSDs. My last laptop for OpenBSD use was a Thinkpad E series with integrated AMD graphics that just flys!

Comment

Thanks for the hard work John! The state of things is incredible now, especially when comparing it to when fglrx started. I'd also like to express my gratitude for you explaining stuff and providing additional information on the forum.

Comment

Thanks for your awesome work with AMD drivers bridgman .
            Enjoy your retirement.

Comment

Well deserved! Enjoy your retirement, bridgman !

Comment

Wow…this hits me unexpectedly hard. I had a few in depth discussions with John on this site particularly my disappointment with the abandonment of HSA and the Fusion APU era. I know everyone liked to dump on the Bulldozer arch and how at the end the only full HSA compliant APUs were relegated to low end PCs with brain dead BIOS settings and broken MMU tables. But dammit AMD had the first and only truly integrated, x86 SoC with a full Radeon GPU in die with an additional ARM security chip. And it had 48 bit unified memory addressing for zero copy. And before CXL and UXL and UCIe for heterogeneous computing there was the unified HSA standard a full 12 years before we had this hodge podge of standards mentioned above. And Bridgman was right there the whole time. He was always gracious and patient with me when I got out over my skis or truly didn’t understand something . Thank you John for all your work and talent while at AMD and all my best for the future!
                Last edited by Jumbotron; 05 April 2024, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I have been lurking and not posting anything for a couple years now, but i think bridgman deserves a post to congratulate him on a job well done and a stellar career at ATI/AMD, he's part of the reason i use exclusively AMD CPUs/GPUs and will continue to do so ad aeternum. You sir, bridgman, are a gentleman and a scholar and, i think i'm not alone in saying, we Linux enthusiasts will be forever in your debt.

Cheers and enjoy your well deserved retirement.

Comment

Thank you John Bridgman !
                    Enjoy your well earned retirement.
                    I hope you mentored many and may they follow your fine example.

Comment

Congrats bridgman, and I hope you have a great retirement.

Thank you for interacting with the community here over the years even when it wasn't easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X