No announcement yet.

ATI R600/700 OSS 3D Driver Reaches Gears Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mh i have bad news i have checked out the latest versions for 15 minutes and now if i run glxgears the screen goes black an the system freeze/is not usable. But if i have luck and befor the system freeze i see the gears.

Note: i cant use the radeon with this 3d testing stuff because if the xserver start the whole screen is yellow or red or blue.

Comment

Are you sure the system is freezing ? I get a black screen whenever glxgears has focus but if I click anywhere outside the glxgears window the screen goes back to normal again.

Is gears (from progs/demos) still working OK ?
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Are you sure the system is freezing ? I get a black screen whenever glxgears has focus but if I click anywhere outside the glxgears window the screen goes back to normal again.

Is gears (from progs/demos) still working OK ?
        in the past it was the same and with the current mesa is works some times if im fast with klicking but then the desktop stop working an d the mice is very slow. and try ctrl+alt+f1 doesnt work.

i have current test only glxgears

Comment

OK, thanks. So far gears (direct rendered rather than indirect, I think) does not seem to have the black screen problem.

BTW, the "singlebuffer" demo (mesa/progs/demos/singlebuffer) seems to run nicely and doesn't have the problem with slow back-to-front buffer copies.
          Test signature

Comment

So far gears (direct rendered rather than indirect, I think) does not seem to have the black screen problem.
            As stated on the previous page, I have this black screen problem with progs/demos/gears, too. It seems that I'm the only one?

Comment

OK, thanks. So far gears (direct rendered rather than indirect, I think) does not seem to have the black screen problem.
              I can confirm this.

BTW, the "singlebuffer" demo (mesa/progs/demos/singlebuffer) seems to run nicely and doesn't have the problem with slow back-to-front buffer copies.
              this demo run 2 times for me in the first is was slow and the second time the system freeze

Originally posted by Nils View Post
              As stated on the previous page, I have this black screen problem with progs/demos/gears, too. It seems that I'm the only one?
              With the lastest Mesa version ? For two hours Alex Deucher merged the 3d branch to master.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                With the lastest Mesa version ? For two hours Alex Deucher merged the 3d branch to master.
                Yes. I'm currently using mesa master branch from Fri Jul 17 13:36:06 2009 -0600.

Comment

mesa compile error

I see git shows master merging into r6xx-rewrite about three hours ago. Just tried it but mesa does not compile. Error seen is:

Code:
                  gmake[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/SBo/mesa/src/egl'
                  gmake[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/SBo/mesa/src/egl/main'
                  Makefile:87: depend: No such file or directory
                  gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `eglcurrent.c', needed by `depend'.  Stop.
                  I get the same error on both 32 bit and 64 bit.

Edit: I didn't check master. Based on post above, I checked master and noticed r6xx-rewrite merged to master. I'll try that.
                  Last edited by forum1793; 17 July 2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forum1793 View Post
                    I see git shows master merging into r6xx-rewrite about three hours ago. Just tried it but mesa does not compile. Error seen is:

Code:
                    gmake[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/SBo/mesa/src/egl'
                    gmake[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/SBo/mesa/src/egl/main'
                    Makefile:87: depend: No such file or directory
                    gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `eglcurrent.c', needed by `depend'.  Stop.
                    I get the same error on both 32 bit and 64 bit.

Edit: I didn't check master. Based on post above, I checked master and noticed r6xx-rewrite merged to master. I'll try that.
                    Should be fixed now, or you can configure with --disable-egl to work around it.

Comment

That demo looks really good, the rendering is excellent and I couldn't spot any error or artifact.

Comment

Working...
                      X