No announcement yet.

ATI R600/700 OSS 3D Driver Reaches Gears Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

libtxc_dxtn.so doesn't show up in drm (at least not Alex's version).

It does show up in /mesa/src/mesa/main/texcompress_s3tc.c and then probably compiled in /mesa/src/mesa/libmesa.a and libmesagallium.a. I did use --disable-gallium.

Comment

Great news, look forward to testing this w/ my 4850x2, thanks AMD and community. ^^

Comment

Yeah, just tested RV620 with glxgears and Xv. Xv fixes colors! Funny things. Flickering is still available, probably because on lack of VSYNC?

Originally posted by forum1793 View Post
        This guide shows in DRM to make shared-code.

cd shared-code
        sudo make install

Edit: I haven't been doing that in past unless it is automatically done from make at top level. Is this needed?
        I think it is also done when you use make in top directory. If I'm right it copies source files to right places, so next things you compile can see updated radeon/drm modules.

Comment

Not sure what happens when you do make install in shared-core. I was running make and make install at the top level to update libdrm and headers, then another make in linux-core to produce the actual drm binary files. I didn't think building in shared-core actually did anything -- AFAIK the shared-core files are only used when you build linux-core or bsd-core

See the last comment in : http://jbridgman.livejournal.com/945.html

Looks like the instructions at http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Aexperimental_3D call for two separate invocations of make + make install, one for libdrm and one for shared-core. Not sure if that is any better than one invocation at the top level.
          Last edited by bridgman; 16 July 2009, 02:29 AM.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
            Yeah, just tested RV620 with glxgears and Xv. Xv fixes colors! Funny things. Flickering is still available, probably because on lack of VSYNC?

I think it is also done when you use make in top directory. If I'm right it copies source files to right places, so next things you compile can see updated radeon/drm modules.

I agree with you. I have test this with an Radeon 3850.

but if i start glxgears the screen is black and for the normal picture i have to klick with the mice

Im Using the radeonhd driver.

Comment

shared-core is where the files that are shared between linux and bsd live. There's nothing to build in there. The files are symlinked into linux-core and bsd-core. The kernel modules for linux are built in linux-core.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                I agree with you. I have test this with an Radeon 3850.

but if i start glxgears the screen is black and for the normal picture i have to klick with the mice

Im Using the radeonhd driver.
                Not sure, do you mean whole screen? For me just glxgears has weird (white/black flickering) colors. I use radeonhd as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
                  Not sure, do you mean whole screen? For me just glxgears has weird (white/black flickering) colors. I use radeonhd as well.
                  no if i start glxgears the whole screen is black. after klick on the desktop everything is "normal" again.

And i have make a very short video

http://rapidshare.com/files/25636082...0_converted.7z 535KB

mh i have uploaded the video @youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8bFloFnnBM i think this is easyer and faster as rapidshare

EDIT the video has only 10FPS this is the reasson why everthing is so fast ^^
                  Last edited by Nille; 16 July 2009, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Hi there,

just wanted to say that I have the same problem like Nille. Using a integrated Radeon HD3200 here (RS780 chipset).

Did check it with a fresh mesa git checkout (r6xx-rewrite branch) and the corresponding DRM module from Alex's repo. libdrm is git master with the radeon API enabled. xf86-video-ati is also git master, another recent compile.

Loading the DRM module works without problems, starting X works flawlessly but starting glxgears just "blacks" the current desktop.

Nothing suspicious in the kernel log, haven't checked Xorg.log though. And it's not like the app, driver or kernel crashes or anything. It's just that the screen turns black.

I can switch back and forth between X and the console, and also between my 4 virtual desktops (using XFCE). The only desktop that stays black is the one where glxgears was called. I can kill it from another desktop, then switch back, having some mild screen corruption which reverts back to normal once I open some apps or resize windows.

So it's definitely better than before where calling glxgears crashed the whole X server.

I read that glxgears is supposed to work now, so are we encouraged to open bug reports for such problems, or is it still too early for something like that?
                    I can generate logs, backtraces and stuff, if that helps. Just let me know what you need.

EDIT: It just came to my mind that I have the XFCE compositor enabled, I'll check if this is a problem later.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidAcid View Post
                      libdrm is git master with the radeon API enabled.
                      From what I understand (I have edited a previous post of mine about this) you still need to use libdrm from Alex' repo. But you can _build_ your mesa with libdrm from git master.

Comment

Working...
                      X