No announcement yet.

ATI R600/700 OSS 3D Driver Reaches Gears Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting... I didn't try that on my rv620 but will give it a try tomorrow.

Or I could just give my rv620 to Richard and hope he can find the problem
    Test signature

Comment

Yeah, If I'm not mistaken you are the project manager better give the developers also access to some r6xx card or even better give them an RS780 to work with

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        What do you mean? It already have 1500 FPD in 1680x1050 right now. That's a big number
        Hey hey, the shame is that I'll sell my xpress 200M laptop right before KMS becomes stable! I've tried it once again yesterday, it's getting in shape! Video is just great, nice but with a little bit of tearing with 720p movies in 1920*1200. On the other hand, compiz or any other 3D application is really too slow :s.

So, I'll just have to wait a bit longer before being able to play with gallium and KMS with my brand new HD4770

PS: Be sure I'll test every single version available :d

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          Yeah, If I'm not mistaken you are the project manager better give the developers also access to some r6xx card or even better give them an RS780 to work with
          Richard and I work in the Toronto office where *everything* is available including emulated versions of chips we haven't even hinted at yet. Alex doesn't have access to other people's systems but has a pretty good collection already including 780. Cooper is somewhere in between. There's no shortage of hardware access; it just didn't make a lot of sense to be working on GPU-specific issues while the core code was still broken.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Richard and I work in the Toronto office where *everything* is available including emulated versions of chips we haven't even hinted at yet. Alex doesn't have access to other people's systems but has a pretty good collection already including 780. Cooper is somewhere in between. There's no shortage of hardware access; it just didn't make a lot of sense to be working on GPU-specific issues while the core code was still broken.
            I think you just did
            Thanks for the repo info, I'll give it a whirl in the weekend.

Comment

This morning I tested many of the redbook programs. This was after the changes that allowed glxgears to work at the reduced rate.

Now I see huge changes to gits to so observations might not be useful but I'll share a few of them for the 780g.

trim and wrap gave hard locks.

aaindex
              GLUT: Fatal Error in aaindex: visual with necessary capabilities not found.

depthcue
              segmentation fault

texprox
              Code:
              IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 18

Proxying 64x64 level 0 RGBA8 texture (level 0)
               proxy allocation succeeded

Proxying 2048x2048 level 0 RGBA16 texture (big so unlikely to be supported)
               proxy allocation succeeded
              I'll try with the new gits shortly (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
                Hope this guide will help someone get 3D on R6xx/R7xx:
                http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Aexperimental_3D
                This guide shows in DRM to make shared-code.

cd shared-code
                sudo make install

Edit: I haven't been doing that in past unless it is automatically done from make at top level. Is this needed?
                Last edited by forum1793; 15 July 2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  There's no shortage of hardware access; it just didn't make a lot of sense to be working on GPU-specific issues while the core code was still broken.
                  Okay that makes sense. I was a little worried that all development effort was focused on r7xx.

Comment

Just compiled gits (with --enable-debug this time). Notice libtxc warning.

glxgears causes whole screen to go black but if I move mouse and click it comes back. Outputs.
                    Mesa: CPU vendor: AuthenticAMD
                    Mesa: CPU name: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
                    Mesa: Mesa 7.6-devel DEBUG build Jul 15 2009 21:28:32
                    Mesa warning: couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn compression/decompression unavailable
                    IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 18
                    Mesa: MMX cpu detected.
                    Mesa: 3DNow! cpu detected.
                    Mesa: SSE cpu detected.
                    Mesa: Not testing OS support for SSE, leaving enabled.
                    102 frames in 5.9 seconds = 17.374 FPS
                    141 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28.188 FPS
                    142 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28.328 FPS
                    Last edited by forum1793; 15 July 2009, 11:36 PM. Reason: change error to warning

Comment

Tried a few of the redbooks. Not much change since this AM. A few work, and many give blank window. depthcue works now. trim still causes hard lock.

Comment

Working...
                      X