ATI R600/700 OSS 3D Driver Reaches Gears Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by legume View Post
    Ahh, there is talk on IRC that the if your distro builds mesa/xorg with tls you will avoid it.
    Yeah, gentoo builds mesa and xorg with tls when the nptl use flag is enabled.

Comment

• Yeah, seems like a good bet all distros that don't use SELinux are enabling GLX TLS.

Comment

• Oh?

So gentoo people actually have no problem?

Awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
          So gentoo people actually have no problem?
          Ubuntu/Debian users probably neither. Fedora users do.

Comment

• Maybe a bit more in-depth: if you're one of us sorry bastards that have their X server compiled without GLX TLS, workaround involves recompiling X server with --enable-glx-tls and Mesa with the same option. The rest can just compile Mesa with --enable-glx-tls. (it's disabled by default)

Comment

• you can also add the missing symbol to the glx module in the xserver.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                you can also add the missing symbol to the glx module in the xserver.
                Well, actually imo better to enable glx-tls with Mesa where distro Mesa would have been built doing that anyway. But yeah, could always add the symbol rather than compiling a new X server too.

Comment

• Doesn't matter anymore as the problem commit has been reverted in mesa git master.

Comment

• Whereas doing this on Ubuntu Jaunty was straightforward, I had a few issues getting this to run on Ubuntu Karmic (with kernel 2.6.31-rc7). I had the "radeon disagrees with version.." errors in my dmesg that someone posted about earlier.

I started modprobing manually and discovered that for some reason, i915 and intel_agp were loading at boot (and I don't have any Intel hardware :/ ). I had to unload them, and then I could load radeon. I also had to copy r600_dri.so and swrast.so from /usr/lib/glx/dri to /usr/lib/dri

The intel modules loaded again at boot, so I'll probably end up blacklisting them.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanL View Post
                      The intel modules loaded again at boot, so I'll probably end up blacklisting them.
                      Rather try to find out why they're loaded and if necessary file bugs on Ubuntu's bug trackers.

Comment

Working...
                      X