No announcement yet.

ati compile error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

configure, make, and make install in the root of the drm source will install libdrm and the associated headers, not the kernel modules. To install the kernel modules, you need to build them in the linux-core directory. in the linux-core directory, run make (or make drm.o radeon.o to just build the common and radeon modules) and then copy them to your kernel modules tree (/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm for drm.ko and /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/ for radeon.ko on most recent distros.

Comment

I did a "git pull" of xf86-video-ati today, and it gives me compile errors. Here's that output:

libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I./AtomBios/includes -Wall -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/drm -I/usr/include/X11/dri -DDISABLE_EASF -DENABLE_ALL_SERVICE_FUNCTIONS -DATOM_BIOS -DATOM_BIOS_PARSER -DDRIVER_PARSER -g -O2 -MT radeon_textured_video.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/radeon_textured_video.Tpo -c radeon_textured_video.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/radeon_textured_video.o
      In file included from radeon_textured_video.c:148:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘RADEONDisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:107: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘radeon_cs_space_reset_bos’
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:145: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R200DisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:530: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R300DisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:1069: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R500DisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:2517: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      In file included from radeon_textured_video.c:171:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘RADEONDisplayTexturedVideoCP’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:145: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R200DisplayTexturedVideoCP’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:530: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R300DisplayTexturedVideoCP’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:1069: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R500DisplayTexturedVideoCP’:
      radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:2517: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘Bool’)
      make[2]: *** [radeon_textured_video.lo] Error 1
      make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gbelli/xf86-video-ati/src'
      make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gbelli/xf86-video-ati'
      make: *** [all] Error 2

Comment

should be fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          should be fixed now.
          Yep, it's working now

Comment

Compiling xf86-video-ati from git fails with xorg-server-1.6.2
            Code:
              CC    atombios_crtc.o                                                             
              CC    atombios_output.o                                                           
              CC    radeon_dri2.o                                                               
              CC    radeon_kms.o                                                                
            radeon_dri2.c: In function 'radeon_dri2_create_buffer':                             
            radeon_dri2.c:171: error: 'struct <anonymous>' has no member named 'format'         
            radeon_dri2.c: In function 'radeon_dri2_screen_init':                               
            radeon_dri2.c:312: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type               
            radeon_dri2.c:313: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type               
            make[2]: *** [radeon_dri2.lo] Error 1

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
              Compiling xf86-video-ati from git fails with xorg-server-1.6.2
              Code:
                CC    atombios_crtc.o                                                             
                CC    atombios_output.o                                                           
                CC    radeon_dri2.o                                                               
                CC    radeon_kms.o                                                                
              radeon_dri2.c: In function 'radeon_dri2_create_buffer':                             
              radeon_dri2.c:171: error: 'struct <anonymous>' has no member named 'format'         
              radeon_dri2.c: In function 'radeon_dri2_screen_init':                               
              radeon_dri2.c:312: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type               
              radeon_dri2.c:313: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type               
              make[2]: *** [radeon_dri2.lo] Error 1
              That's a known issue, it's due to ABI compliancy stuff resulting in format member being dropped from DRI2BufferPtr and only getting into DRI2Buffer2Ptr in the X server. Probably going to get fixed soonish but you can locally fix it by doing string replacing in radeon_dri2.c.

Comment

Slacker: It would be useful for you to say which branches you are using.
                xf86-video-ati->master?
                mesa->r6xx-rewrite?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  That's a known issue, it's due to ABI compliancy stuff resulting in format member being dropped from DRI2BufferPtr and only getting into DRI2Buffer2Ptr in the X server. Probably going to get fixed soonish but you can locally fix it by doing string replacing in radeon_dri2.c.
                  yep that worked thanks
                  why isnt it commited?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                    yep that worked thanks
                    why isnt it commited?
                    Unsure. ^^

Comment

Working...
                    X