No announcement yet.

Xv on R600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, ive tried choosing Xrender. I get KDE warning which tells me that KDE couldnt start desktop effects, and i should check my xorg.conf

Here is my xorg.conf:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

and here is my xorg log
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by forum1793 View Post
      When compiling mesa, you can specify r600

But, the package that I get sticks r600 in /usr/lib/dri. So you can put a link to /usr/lib/dri in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri.

But then I still get dri disabled. I imagine the software is just not ready yet or I'm goofing it up. This for a HD3200. Your results may differ.
      Simple answer: the software is not ready yet. You're talking of OpenGL support, it's completely irrelated with EXA+Xv support and doesn't work yet.
      (also the path it put the driver in is correct on a 32bit system)

Comment

Originally posted by Dinth View Post
        Yeah, ive tried choosing Xrender. I get KDE warning which tells me that KDE couldnt start desktop effects, and i should check my xorg.conf.
        I don't see anything obviously wrong in your log file. Maybe do some pruning on your conf file -- keep :

Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"

keep the EDID over-rides if you need them :

Option "IgnoreEDID" "on"
        Option "NoDDC" "on"

... and comment out the rest :

VideoRam 262144
        Option "RenderAccel" "on"
        Option "EnablePageFlip" "on"
        Option "DRI" "on"
        Option "ColorTiling" "on"
        Option "EXAVSync" "on"
        Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"

EXAVSync is supported by the driver but try commenting that out as well just in case... once you get XRender-based desktop effects working you can try turning it back on again.
        Test signature

Comment

Working...
        X