Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Open Source 3D graphics on R6XX/R7XX cards (NO FGLRX)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran View Post
    I got it compiled using ebuilds (the problem I posted before with pkgconfig was because the ebuild was not using the r6xx-r7xx-3d branch).

When I launch glxgears, I get a kernel oops (or something similar). If I try a second time, the system freezes. So obviously not quite ready yet :P. I'll post the trace tomorrow, in case it helps.
    Better try for simpler tests like redbook hello. It's available under progs/redbook under your Mesa source tree and probably got compiled along with your Mesa sources. It's a simple program that draws a white rectangle on a black background. Until it works properly, probably a waste of time running glxgears.

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    I got it compiled using ebuilds (the problem I posted before with pkgconfig was because the ebuild was not using the r6xx-r7xx-3d branch).

When I launch glxgears, I get a kernel oops (or something similar). If I try a second time, the system freezes. So obviously not quite ready yet :P. I'll post the trace tomorrow, in case it helps.

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by lucky_ View Post
    And is it worth the run ?
    What is it's status ?
    Status is it doesn't really do much. It's still in quite early development phase. And if you want to actually use it for running OpenGL, no, it's not worth it yet. It's only worth for checking out if you're interested in seeing if the initial code breaks in the same way as yesterday or in new interesting ways. (Seriosly speaking, the code is still mostly only useful if you're a developer. It's still missing a lot)

Leave a comment:

• lucky_
    replied
    Ok, because even if it looks like a long journey.
    I certainly will give it a shot during the holidays hehe.
    Is it worth writing a script to do the whole thing ?
    And what about an update-thewholebunch option ?

Leave a comment:

• Neo_The_User
    replied
    I would say, yes. It is worth it. I don't know its status because I've never used it no have I looked into the source code that much. All I know is that if you want bleeding-edge code, this is your route.

Leave a comment:

• lucky_
    replied
    And is it worth the run ?
    What is it's status ?

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran View Post
    Code:
    Requested 'libdrm >= 2.4.3' but version of libdrm is 2.3.1

ERROR: media-libs/mesa-9999 failed.
    (edit) Ok, sorry, inspecting the ebuild it seems it has a --with-state-trackers=glx,dri,egl line. I assume "dri" is not a state tracker anymore. I'll try without that.
    You shouldn't be having any --with-state-trackers variables at all afaik. Libdrm from agd5f's repo should be enough. Be *very* careful that you don't have anything extra in the Mesa configure flags. Be minimal and it should work.

Leave a comment:

• Neo_The_User
    replied
    Well I guess you could try merging libdrm master with agd5f's 3D branch. Try giving this a shot (this is just a wild guess)

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm && cd drm && git checkout -b r6xx-r7xx-3d origin/r6xx-r7xx-3d && git pull git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm master

Start following the guide then from step 5a.

edit: ^Disregard that.

found a typo in the drm compilation process.
    Last edited by Neo_The_User; 06-05-2009, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    I'm trying to do it the Gentoo Way (tm).

First problem, /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libdrm.pc has:
    Code:
    Version: 2.3.1
    and mesa of course says
    Code:
    Requested 'libdrm >= 2.4.3' but version of libdrm is 2.3.1

That can be easily fixed by modifying the version in libdrm.pc by hand. But then mesa complains again, this time with:
    Code:
    configure: error: state tracker 'dri' doesn't exist

Any clue? I have compiled other branches without problems.

(edit) Ok, sorry, inspecting the ebuild it seems it has a --with-state-trackers=glx,dri,egl line. I assume "dri" is not a state tracker anymore. I'll try without that.
    Last edited by Fran; 06-05-2009, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Neo_The_User
    replied
    Yes agd5f. You told me that in irc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X