Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geearf
    replied
    What's the benefit of CEC? Skipping one remote?

Leave a comment:

• WannaBeOCer
    replied
    Originally posted by qarium View Post

everything you said here is a lie. AMD did not finally realize that ... thats all a lie.

AMD will not add SR-IOV to gamers consumer cards because it increase the transistor count what makes the gpus more expensive instead they work on a software solution not SR-IOV
    also about CEC its not a AMD problem its a HDMI problem use Displayport with an adapter to HDMI then you have CEC ... the HDMI standards does sapotage the implementation.

also most notebooks and also desktop systems have 2 or more gpus means they do not need SR-IOV or even the software repleacement to run games who are not compatible with proton in a VM because you can hand over the second gpu to the VM.

so its all a lie what you did write here.
    In regards to CEC, you’re suggesting a workaround to an issue that GPU manufacturers aren’t addressing. Hopefully within the next generation Nvidia/Intel/AMD implement it. We’re seeing smart monitors with support for HDMI-CEC, example the Samsung Odyssey G8 OLED.

Hi All, We had discussed internally about the “HDMI-CEC support” feature and it is not going to be implemented at this moment as it needs hardware changes on the board and more planning. We will re-evaluate the requirement in future and may be able to give more insights on it. Thank you for the understanding and apologizes for not considering the request at this moment.

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    I'm really happy that AMD has finally realized that nobody is going to buy a professional GPU or a second GPU just to be able to run a game or program in a VM with near-native performance.
    At the same time it also doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money for a GPU that doesn't have a graphical control panel, doesn't have CEC support and doesn't have SR-IOV support.
    If at least SR-IOV support comes, then it can make sense to more people.
    I'll definitely look forward to buy a new AMD GPU that allows me to play games that are not compatible with Proton, in a VM.

So, good job AMD for going into the right direction and for listening to what we want!
    everything you said here is a lie. AMD did not finally realize that ... thats all a lie.

AMD will not add SR-IOV to gamers consumer cards because it increase the transistor count what makes the gpus more expensive instead they work on a software solution not SR-IOV
    also about CEC its not a AMD problem its a HDMI problem use Displayport with an adapter to HDMI then you have CEC ... the HDMI standards does sapotage the implementation.

also most notebooks and also desktop systems have 2 or more gpus means they do not need SR-IOV or even the software repleacement to run games who are not compatible with proton in a VM because you can hand over the second gpu to the VM.

so its all a lie what you did write here.

Leave a comment:

• hetzbh
    replied
    Originally posted by zexelon View Post
    If you cant beat the competition on performance, beat them on features! I would be VERY interested in the AMD camp if they released SR-IOV in non-prof graphics cards. Still have to keep team green for CUDA but with an AMD card in their I could use that for all my graphical needs and relegate the other cards to strictly compute.
    I doubt if AMD will release any SR-IOV functionality on non-pro RDNA 3 cards. They already have competition with nVidia Pro cards and AMD's advantage (at least in the last time) is that you didn't have to pay some subscription in order to use this card to support vGPU in multiple VM's.

Leave a comment:

• zexelon
    replied
    If you cant beat the competition on performance, beat them on features! I would be VERY interested in the AMD camp if they released SR-IOV in non-prof graphics cards. Still have to keep team green for CUDA but with an AMD card in their I could use that for all my graphical needs and relegate the other cards to strictly compute.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    I'm really happy that AMD has finally realized that nobody is going to buy a professional GPU or a second GPU just to be able to run a game or program in a VM with near-native performance.
    At the same time it also doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money for a GPU that doesn't have a graphical control panel, doesn't have CEC support and doesn't have SR-IOV support.
    If at least SR-IOV support comes, then it can make sense to more people.
    I'll definitely look forward to buy a new AMD GPU that allows me to play games that are not compatible with Proton, in a VM.

So, good job AMD for going into the right direction and for listening to what we want!

Leave a comment:

• Firmware Assisted Shadowing Code Posted For AMD RDNA3 - Needed For SR-IOV

Phoronix: Firmware Assisted Shadowing Code Posted For AMD RDNA3 - Needed For SR-IOV

A new patch series posted today is of interest and is for firmware-assisted shadowing for AMD RDNA3 (GFX11) graphics processors as it's necessary for proper SR-IOV support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X