Firmware Assisted Shadowing Code Posted For AMD RDNA3 - Needed For SR-IOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

The ability to control KDE Plasma Big Screen interface and Kodi from your TV's remote control for example.
    Maybe even controlling other media centers, player and interfaces from it in the future once the support is there.
    Imagine being able to turn off also the computer from your TV's remote control.
    I see, yeah that's nice.
    I can control Kodi from my phone, can you do control smart TVs like that? (I have an old TV so not possible).
    I only turn off my computer when I go on vacation, so I can manage doing it manually.

Thank you!

Comment

it would be nice if these come to consumer cards assuming they dont jack the prices up. but considering the current market. I feel like sriov could justifiably be included in the current prices. still wouldnt buy tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        At the same time it also doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money for a GPU that doesn't have a graphical control panel, doesn't have CEC support and doesn't have SR-IOV support.
        Seriously if your that bothered about a bloody control panel , WRITE ONE!

OPEN SOURCE os after all......

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
          AMD will not add SR-IOV to gamers consumer cards because it increase the transistor count what makes the gpus more expensive instead they work on a software solution not SR-IOV
          The consumer and professional cards share the same silicon, just the professional features are fused off on consumer chips.

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
          In regards to CEC, you’re suggesting a workaround to an issue that GPU manufacturers aren’t addressing. Hopefully within the next generation Nvidia/Intel/AMD implement it.
          Not even AMD semicustom will offer CEC (this is one of the reasons why the PS4 came with external HDMI encoder). So some poopy consumers asking for CEC certainly won't convince anyone.

Originally posted by JacekJagosz View Post
          I still don't get why AMD can't enable 1 virtual GPU using SR-IOV for consumer GPUs. This would satisfy 99% of consuners, while not being too useful for pro users that would usually do more.
          If you want to develop cross-platform GPGPU applications then you would need 2 virtual GPUs.
          But AMD has known about this for years. Level1Techs and others were campaigning so that people would use AMD cards for software development, and AMD stops being second rate in application support. But to no avail, AMD will much rather keep all the developer community dogfooding on NVidia hardware rather than give SR-IOV to non-enterprise customers.

As it stands, AMD and the homelabs/developer community have least concern for each other. In fact, AMD (both CPU and GPU division) craps on homelabs at every opportunity as was more recently demonstrated by the PSB vendor lock, or how non-public drivers prevent use of secondhand enterprise GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Seriously if your that bothered about a bloody control panel , WRITE ONE!

OPEN SOURCE os after all......
            You should try corectrl

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post

You should try corectrl
              Or radeon-profile for that matter if OCing is what rocks ya boat.
              Cant understand this incessant need for a graphics card control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                The consumer and professional cards share the same silicon, just the professional features are fused off on consumer chips.
                thats not true.
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                X