Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Sends In More RDNA3 Graphics Driver Fixes For Linux 6.3

Phoronix: AMD Sends In More RDNA3 Graphics Driver Fixes For Linux 6.3

Along with Intel's DRM-Next material shifting to more bug fixing, AMD's AMDGPU/AMDKFD Direct Rendering Manager driver changes this week have shifted over to delivering more graphics driver fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

HDMI2.1 or go home!

Comment

It turns out AV1 is only supported on the first instance and engaging past that first instance can cause some problems.
      What exactly is an instance in the context of video acceleration?

Comment

One change worth calling out as well is beginning to enable AdaptiveSync in the DC interface (Display Core layer) that will hopefully lead to enhanced AdaptiveSync support.​
        I don't understand, we've had working AdaptiveSync for a couple of years now, haven't we? What is the difference that this change brings?

Is this to make sure it is automatically enabled based on what the monitor supports?

alexhung, are you able to describe it with little bit more detail?
        Last edited by Azpegath; 30 January 2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

One change worth calling out as well is beginning to enable AdaptiveSync in the DC interface (Display Core layer) that will hopefully lead to enhanced AdaptiveSync support.
          What's missing about the support they have right now? I mean I know the rest of the stack isn't perfect w/ it yet, mostly in the compositor space, but I guess I don't know what I'm missing or what's in a janky state!

Comment

Working...
          X