AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX & RX 7900 XT Arrive For Linux Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    it's clear at this point that AMD is way behind on raytracing even without any dirty tricks from nvidia, and while i thought focusing on that was a little silly for the last 2 generations while most games didn't really do much with raytracing that wasn't gimmicky, it's starting to become more of an issue.
    Agreed. I had also hoped to see more progress, but I might make the same decision in their shoes. It's a risky move for AMD to contend for the performance crown. They'll be fine, if all they do is offer a better value.

Comment

Michael

Another possibility for a modern game benchmark to be added to your PTS has just appeared:

Dying Light 2

With the just released version 1.8, they've added a benchmark mode:

In update 1.8 we would like to highlight a few features that were implemented along the quality of life changes in the game:
      • Benchmark option on PC - you can start it from the video settings.
      Again, I don't own this game because of the Denuvo DRM, but since Steam has a return policy within 2 hours of playtime, maybe giving it a try might be worth it, because the game itself already runs OOTB on Proton nowadays, according to ProtonDB.

In any case, good luck & have a nice Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
        Michael

Another possibility for a modern game benchmark to be added to your PTS has just appeared:

Dying Light 2

With the just released version 1.8, they've added a benchmark mode:

Again, I don't own this game because of the Denuvo DRM, but since Steam has a return policy within 2 hours of playtime, maybe giving it a try might be worth it, because the game itself already runs OOTB on Proton nowadays, according to ProtonDB.

In any case, good luck & have a nice Sunday!
        Saw that the other day... Bought it, grepped through binaries, unfortunately no command line controls to initiate benchmark. Was hopeful since it has -nologos and various other launch options but alas no benchmark option. Steam refund already requested :/
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X