Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.5 is now officially out.

Comment

• Ha ha! They've just copied the 9.4 release notes for 9.5, lol.

and

are identical xD I think it appears AMD's Catalyst for Linux department is heavily understaffed...

Comment

• Well i did not find a fix too, but the amdcccle reports 8.61.2.

Comment

• well, it fixed at least one bug for me. So it is an improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Ha ha! They've just copied the 9.4 release notes for 9.5, lol.

and

are identical xD I think it appears AMD's Catalyst for Linux department is heavily understaffed...
            I checked on this; looks like the 9.5 release notes aren't quite finished yet.

Release notes are generated by the same team for all OSes.
            Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
              I say:
              YAY!

the composite (kde effects turned on)+xv = lockup bug is fixed!
              Also:
              OpenGL version string: 2.1.8664
              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
              ++

unfortuntaly it still seems to lock up with kde 4 compositing + opengl accelerated video

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Some people just don't see tearing. Others hardly notice anything *but* the tearing.

It's fun to watch when you get one of each type standing in front of a test system watching video.
                don't see it either

if it's there it's very subtle

the hardlock problem when restarting the X-server (e.g. stopping gdm manually and then restarting it) is still there

it also is triggered when starting X, stopping it, unloading fglrx, re-installing it / upgrading to a newer version, loading the kernel-module and starting X

==> 100% reliable hardlock

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                fglrx unloading is really much more problematic than unloading nvidia, even when you unload radeon drm (from oss driver) and start fglrx without reboot i had serveral cards which locked up the system then. kill -9 kdm certainly helps a bit, also

/etc/init.d/atieventsd stop

can be good to do before kdm stop.
                good to know

thanks !

any ETA when that will be fixed ?

thanks !
                Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 19 May 2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  @RealNC

You example video even shows extreme tearing with the oss driver in the upper area which is usually black with 16:9 movie...
                  No problems with the OSS radeon driver here, r500 and latest from sid. Very smooth. I will always thank the guys for fixing this. Besides they rewrote the code for Xv recently. They are at least doing something unlike the official driver developer, who can't get GPU accelerated video for what, 7 months now?

Comment

• here's a link referring to a patch by the dudes from SabayonLinux that should fix the stupid error messages with 2.6.29 (acpi-related stuff that is missing):

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

update:

ok - I don't know what this patch really is supposed to do but it hardlocks my box or at least leads to a black screen (Asus EAH Radeon HD 4850)

if it works for you - fine; it doesn't for me
                    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 19 May 2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                      ++

unfortuntaly it still seems to lock up with kde 4 compositing + opengl accelerated video
                      What hardware/Bus/OS/kernel/X?

Comment

Working...
                      X