No announcement yet.

catalyst 9.5 seems to be out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious: are there any areas required for the open source drivers that no developers are working on?
    I personally am quite happy with fglrx drivers - I don't have any problems with them (well, I've never been able to load amdcccle, but I'm fairly certain that's something to do with gentoo 64bit).

Comment

I am certain that has nothing to do with gentoo 64 and everything with your system. Like you installed without an ebuild once. Or remnants of an unclean uninstall somewhere.

Comment

Ok, so I've finally gotten around to requesting the feature (through the developer feedback form) that enables vsync on XVideo. I could neither select Cat 9.5 or 9.4. I suppose that web form isn't updated very often.

Also, should I send this request for every new driver, or is once enough?

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
          I am certain that has nothing to do with gentoo 64 and everything with your system. Like you installed without an ebuild once. Or remnants of an unclean uninstall somewhere.
          I had thought so too - at least for the latter. But it's been quite persistant through a fresh install, all kernel upgrades, all "x" upgrades (major or minor) and two different video cards. So yes, it is something to do with my system - most likely how I've set it up (gentoo doing things the way it does). I'm hoping the problems will magically disappear one day - I don't really spend much time looking into it anymore as I get along fine without amdcccle.

Comment

I have gentoo myself. And amdcccle is working fine. You must have screwed up somewhere. Or you run into an upgrade bug. There was one with some ebuild were remnants of the driver were not uninstalled/you got dangling symlinksm which DID made amdcccle not working Solution:
            /etc/init.d/xdm stop
            killall -9 X
            eselect opengl set xorg-x11
            emerge -C ati-drivers
            symlinks -dr /
            cd /usr/lib64/... and subdirs, check the X dirs remove everything ati
            emerge ati-drivers
            eselect opengl set ati
            sync
            either
            /etc/init.d/xdm start
            or
            reboot
            amdcccle works.

Comment

Originally posted by albatorsk View Post
              Ok, so I've finally gotten around to requesting the feature (through the developer feedback form) that enables vsync on XVideo. I could neither select Cat 9.5 or 9.4. I suppose that web form isn't updated very often.

Also, should I send this request for every new driver, or is once enough?
              Once is fine, thanks.
              Test signature

Comment

If anyone has been affected by this bug, it appears that DPMS functionality under Jaunty 64bit has been restored.

This was the last major issue with my setup, I am very pleased. :-)

Comment

Here's what I believe to be a fglrx regression: when I turn off the tv that's connected over hdmi, the X server hangs (to a point where kill -9 doesn't work out). Didn't happen last time I've tried it back in February.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    I have gentoo myself. And amdcccle is working fine. You must have screwed up somewhere. Or you run into an upgrade bug. There was one with some ebuild were remnants of the driver were not uninstalled/you got dangling symlinksm which DID made amdcccle not working Solution:
                    /etc/init.d/xdm stop
                    killall -9 X
                    eselect opengl set xorg-x11
                    emerge -C ati-drivers
                    symlinks -dr /
                    cd /usr/lib64/... and subdirs, check the X dirs remove everything ati
                    emerge ati-drivers
                    eselect opengl set ati
                    sync
                    either
                    /etc/init.d/xdm start
                    or
                    reboot
                    amdcccle works.
                    Yes, I was well aware of that bug. It's not that. Plus my problems existed before then. But, I am curious as to your gentoo setup - could you show me your make.conf, do you have a dual-monitor system, and what window manager do you use?

Comment

still the same issues here... GPU fans are constantly running VERY annoying and running any HD content with VLC/Mplayer-svn kills my laptop (no its not my hardware- windows works fine)

Comment

Working...
                      X