No announcement yet.

catalyst 9.5 seems to be out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4 disables compositing automatically every time you switch an application to full screen, but it's not much help. As soon as you invoke the media players controls, it has to switch compositing back on and hell arrives :P The GUI goes into a "slow as molasses" mode and graphical glitches show up.[/QUOTE]

Well at least it doesn't here, because i can spin the cube :P when the video is in fullscreen.

Comment

Okay, 9.5 + compiz = tearing on RealNC movie ;-) The fullscreen with cube is useless too :/
      Well, I don't use compiz, but maybe if it would start working I would give it a try ;-) as for now, metacity to the rescue

Comment

Wow, seems 9.5 solved the problems that were bugging me most. I can now switch to and from video fullscreen with composite (kwin) turned on without crashing. OpenGL seems to work well, but then it did with 9.4 as well. Only the slow window resizing with composite kwin is still slightly annoying. Other than that I'm very happy with this.

Comment

Did anyone try to create a second X server instance with this release?
          (i.e. "xinit -- :2")

Comment

Anyone know if this release fixes the bug introduced in 9.3 with XBMC and Vsync?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
              Did anyone try to create a second X server instance with this release?
              (i.e. "xinit -- :2")
              I'll try as soon as I can get an ebuild made. But I normally run with two x servers - is there any reason to believe it shouldn't work?

Comment

ebuild is easy: copy/reanme the ebuild you used for 9.4. Change 9.4 to 9.5 in the download-url in the ebuild. Copy the patches dir in files/ ebuild ....ebuild manifest... done. Less than a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                  ebuild is easy: copy/reanme the ebuild you used for 9.4. Change 9.4 to 9.5 in the download-url in the ebuild. Copy the patches dir in files/ ebuild ....ebuild manifest... done. Less than a minute.
                  I timed you, it took 63 seconds.

Comment

Can any one sucessfully run 9.5 on a gentoo machine with xorg-server-1.5.3-r6? X server reports failing to start xwindow but no error shown in the log...

These are last lines from the log...
                    (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so
                    (II) GLX: Initialized DRI GL provider for screen 0
                    (II) fglrx(0): Enable the clock gating!
                    (II) fglrx(0): Setting screen physical size to 376 x 301
                    (II) fglrx(0): Shutdown CMMQS
                    (II) fglrx(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
                    (II) fglrx(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0x34000 at 0xb8099000

Comment

I am sure there is a lot more in the log that that useless snippet.

Comment

Working...
                      X