Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrei_me
    replied
    JEBjames I would like to thank you for your grammar fixes, as a non native English speaker, I hardly notice an issue in the news, your comments improve my English 👍🏻👏🏻

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Cool!
    Does the current or future AMD GPUs support hardware accelerated encoding for better quality video codecs like AV1 and HEVC?
    polaris onwards supports hevc via gallium vaapi. RDNA3 should support av1 to some degree. don't remeber much about it, just some kernel patches. no idea what mesa plumbing looks like for this

Leave a comment:

• holunder
    replied
    Originally posted by fagnerln View Post
    The last time that i tried prime video, it didn't even run videos in fullhd. Amazon Games don't work on Wine(I know about Nile, but looks like a workaround)...
    Workaround for Prime Video in anything more than SD resolution on Linux: Install Chrome via Wine, this got me FHD working last year.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Cool!
    Does the current or future AMD GPUs support hardware accelerated encoding for better quality video codecs like AV1 and HEVC?

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by fagnerln View Post
    The last time that i tried prime video, it didn't even run videos in fullhd. Amazon Games don't work on Wine(I know about Nile, but looks like a workaround)...

They should prioritize the compatibility of older services, then the Luna.
    Last I checked 1080p+ is limited to either edge on windows 10+ or the prime video app or a supported android/tv app. they may have bumped that though. this is common DRM protection. as for wine, I guess that would be nice,. but I dont see that being a priority for them

Leave a comment:

• fagnerln
    replied

They should prioritize the compatibility of older services, then the Luna.

Leave a comment:

• mirmirmir
    replied
    One day we might see on the headline "next gen PlayStation will use mainline Linux"

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
    Always good to see Linux being used in the wild, yet I still can't stand the very notion of so-called "cloud gaming"...
    I actually like it a lot, it's great for folk who need something simple on a budget, OR, folk like me, who like to roll their own, checkout Sunshine + moonlight for self hosting your own cloud gaming. it's actually pretty good.

EDIT: wlroots scaling gets funky with it right now though. black screen with some artifacts

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    Always good to see Linux being used in the wild, yet I still can't stand the very notion of so-called "cloud gaming"...

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Michael

Typo/grammar

"frames during data loss," should be "frames during data loss." (period)

"LTR in this context is for the Long-Term Reference mode" should probably be "LTR in this context refers to the Long-Term Reference mode"

"were hiring for more engineers" should probably be "were hiring more engineers" (no for)

"Granted, that wouldn't be surprising the least" should be "Granted, that wouldn't be surprising in the least" (+ in)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X