Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R600 Gallium3D Driver Receives NIR Backend Fixes For Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R600 Gallium3D Driver Receives NIR Backend Fixes For Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 Series

Phoronix: R600 Gallium3D Driver Receives NIR Backend Fixes For Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 Series

In addition to the R300g driver seeing new shader optimizations, also being merged this week to Mesa 22.3 were some fixes for the recently-introduced new NIR back-end for the Rade R600 Gallium3D driver for the Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I dream about seeing some benchmark of at least one old card with R600 using the old one backednd compared to new NIR.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: R600 Gallium3D Driver Receives NIR Backend Fixes For Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 Series

In addition to the R300g driver seeing new shader optimizations, also being merged this week to Mesa 22.3 were some fixes for the recently-introduced new NIR back-end for the Rade R600 Gallium3D driver for the Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 series...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/R600g-...vergreen-Fixes

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
        I dream about seeing some benchmark of at least one old card with R600 using the old one backednd compared to new NIR.
        Typo: some phoronix benchmark

Comment

I have an older Core 2 Duo iMac with a Radeon HD 2600 Pro that dual-boots Big Sur (thanks to patchers) and Ubuntu.

It’s been in my closet a long long time but in the next few weeks I might have to dig it out to play around with some older games!

super cool stuff right here…

…. Now onto that crowdfunded Vulkan driver effort haha

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikr1848 View Post
            I have an older Core 2 Duo iMac with a Radeon HD 2600 Pro that dual-boots Big Sur (thanks to patchers) and Ubuntu.

It’s been in my closet a long long time but in the next few weeks I might have to dig it out to play around with some older games!

super cool stuff right here…

…. Now onto that crowdfunded Vulkan driver effort haha
            What is the oldest Radeon hardware that's supported by Radv and AMD's official Vulkan driver?

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post

What is the oldest Radeon hardware that's supported by Radv and AMD's official Vulkan driver?
              I dont know about official vulkan driver, but radv needs the amdgpu driver, which AFAIK is the main driver for GCN2 and above but also has support that can be turned on for GCN, which is Radeon RX7000 series. 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post

I think the beginning line in the sand is GCN v2. The first card to carry the second generation of GCN was the Radeon HD 7790 AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

I think the beginning line in the sand is GCN v2. The first card to carry the second generation of GCN was the Radeon HD 7790 AFAIK.
                  technically wouldn't it be GCN v1? i know its "experimental" but it technically works.

Comment

radv works with GCN1.0 just fine. Requires amdgpu. Need to disable the radeon drm driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X