AMDVLK 2022.Q2.3 Vulkan Driver Released With Some Performance Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2022.Q2.3 Vulkan Driver Released With Some Performance Optimizations

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2022.Q2.3 Vulkan Driver Released With Some Performance Optimizations

AMD today released a new update to AMDVLK, their official open-source Radeon Vulkan driver for Linux systems that is derived from their internal Vulkan driver sources while plumbed to use the open-source LLVM AMDGPU shader compiler back-end. For Linux gamers this driver doesn't remain as popular as Mesa's RADV but the update today does deliver on some game performance optimizations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does AMDVLK also have the same swap chain problem as the mesa driver? IIRC the mesa driver always creates a 4 frame swap chain. So this driver could give an advantage in terms of latency if it doesn't have the same bug.

Comment

Typo.............................................. ....

AMDVLK 2022.Q2.3 souce downloads

Comment

How do I know if RADV or AMDVLK is used? I have both installed.

And how do I force either driver to be used?
        Last edited by harre; 23 June 2022, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Have the same issue with this one as I did a previous one many months ago- Steam games start to load then crash. Downgraded to previous version 2022.Q2.2.1 and all is well again. Not sure if a Steam or Arch issue.

sam

Comment

Working...
          X