Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve Developer Starts Poking At Open-Source "RADV" Driver Support For GFX11/RDNA3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Developer Starts Poking At Open-Source "RADV" Driver Support For GFX11/RDNA3

Phoronix: Valve Developer Starts Poking At Open-Source "RADV" Driver Support For GFX11/RDNA3

Prominent Mesa Radeon Vulkan "RADV" driver contributor Samuel Pitoiset of Valve's open-source driver team has begun working on GFX11 support for this driver ahead of AMD RDNA3 graphics cards launching later this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, but may I mention, that still as a 6800XT owner I can not play Cyberpunk with Raytracing.

It runs very well with RADV and Proton, thanks for that. But I still can not use RT....

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
      Nice, but may I mention, that still as a 6800XT owner I can not play Cyberpunk with Raytracing.

It runs very well with RADV and Proton, thanks for that. But I still can not use RT....
      The article isn't about RT so this is off-topic here but we're aware of that and are working on making RADV RT better.

Comment

If I were AMD every OS driver dev would get the earliest engineering sample possible and after release a card of their choice. It would be a sign of appreciation and AMD would also profit from faster development.

Comment

Any news on ACO for radeonsi?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

The article isn't about RT so this is off-topic here but we're aware of that and are working on making RADV RT better.
            No, it is kinda not off topic. As work goes into actually not buyable cards while the actually used models lack functionality on linux with RADV.
            So it is on one hand good, that the work is made - on the other hand off course it is valid to point out the missing things.

To me it is a bit like a game lacking features but a new DLC is made instead of making the sold thing work.

But do not see this as offense or some blaming.

Comment

No, it is kinda not off topic. As work goes into actually not buyable cards while the actually used models lack functionality on linux with RADV.
              So it is on one hand good, that the work is made - on the other hand off course it is valid to point out the missing things.
              Yeah its totally offtopic and also really strange to command people (that spend their free time or work time to improve drivers from a totaly different manufacturer) to do things that they might not even have any experience in? Why don't you jump in and do it?

If your'e at McDonalds are you commanding the staff there to fix your toilet at home because its much more important than the burger for the next customer?

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post

Yeah its totally offtopic and also really strange to command people (that spend their free time or work time to improve drivers from a totaly different manufacturer) to do things that they might not even have any experience in? Why don't you jump in and do it?

If your'e at McDonalds are you commanding the staff there to fix your toilet at home because its much more important than the burger for the next customer?

Where do I "command people"?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  Any news on ACO for radeonsi?
                  Waiting for that as well. Unfortunately it seems like it's a very low priority. If it will ever happen, I guess work will start only after all the possible driver optimization work of RadeonSi is done.

Comment

Where do I "command people"?
                    Yeah you're not commanding, you're suggesting it in a totaly unrelated topic. If I where a dev, i woud really be pissed. Would be one thing if this was a rare exeption, but you can basically read such shit under every OS news "why does dev X do Y, I need Z now! Such a waste of time!!!! Do it the right way, my way!!!!111".

Sorry I kind of got hung up by that, I should just chill and mind my own bussines.

Comment

Working...
                    X