AMD Launches The Radeon RX 6650 XT / RX 6750 XT / RX 6950 XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artivision View Post

People can you stop spreading Amd's propaganda? TSMC never are the bottleneck, that is because the numbers of production machines / woofers are prepaid from Amd and Nvidia. The problem is that Amd gave the majority of the Gpu production channel to Consoles and Cars in order to have everyone as a client. If Sony wants new console earlier than 10 years, then they should pay in advance for Apu woofers and have the product delivered next year when the machines are in place. People think that Amd have good management today's, that is wrong (Heavy PC Apu reminder), they are saved by their intelligent scientific department.
    So you are saying that AMD reserved chips for Sony & Co. at the last minute & thus had to cut back on the ones originally planned for PCs?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
      so there is no plan to low end GPU?

all these GPUs are targeting miners this not for gamers
      The low end parts are the 6400 and 6500XT. They just don't have the low end price. Or rather the price bracket has shifted, just like how "mid range" parts are +$300USD now. The plan is to replace those low end parts with iGPUs anyway. I saw an article that claimed 1660 tier performance out of the RDNA3 iGPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

So you are saying that AMD reserved chips for Sony & Co. at the last minute & thus had to cut back on the ones originally planned for PCs?
        The discrete GPU market has been primarily dominated by NVIDIA over the last few years, with AMD squeezing in at the budget and lower-end segments. Even with the launch of the RDNA 2-based Radeon RX 6000 series, the situation is heavily biased in NVIDIA’s favor due to limited supply and the cryptomining boom. German website …

Several charts show that Amd didn't sell any significant amount of Gpus in a demand crisis chronicle period. The other opinion says that they keep their Gpus for themselves because they upgrading the Nvidia ones they had. Nvidia sold as much they could, even 12nm ones at the same time with the 8nm ones, that's a first for Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          1 - I'll check, but I don't think we normally seed refresh boards like the 6x50 family to reviewers, so AFAIK nothing is different here
          If the problem is the refresh I don't care about the useless "5% faster" 6950 XT, but at least send an older 6900 XT to Michael: I really cannot stand the fact that for the first time ever AMD has the gaming crown on Linux and you waste such an opportunity by not sending the highest end model to the only reviewer with a big audience.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

I'm guessing at which part of the quote you are asking about, but...

1 - I'll check, but I don't think we normally seed refresh boards like the 6x50 family to reviewers, so AFAIK nothing is different here

2 - we treated Windows & Linux reviewers the same way; Sapphire and others have seeded boards to Phoronix in the past

I may not have answered your question; let me know if so.

EDIT - looks like the forum code is replacing my "#1" and "#2" line headers with "Home" and "Forum"
            Those are perfectly fine answers for me. I didn't know about not seeding refreshers. I just kind of assumed y'all send a GPU or two to Michael when you release them since any kind of press is better than no press (especially since these are said to be just as good or better than NVIDIA's top of the line models).

For a laugh, I'd have replied yesterday but my cat chewed up my ethernet cable and it wasn't until she went crazy on it at 4am today that I figured out why I was having these random disconnects.

Comment

Working...
            X