No announcement yet.

AMD Launches The Radeon RX 6650 XT / RX 6750 XT / RX 6950 XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices for the high end parts are "not bad", but everything else is a joke.

Comment

Linux users: How much for the cheapest one?

Windows users: I boosted my FPS by 3 FPS by getting the biggest card they make!! Whoo hoo!!!

Comment

seeking to repalce my 4700 XT, which i bought AT MSRP a couple of years ago. Nothing i can see that will so far be worth buying, waiting for further prices drops.
        planning to get 4k screen.ultrawide with 4700 XT is barely playable in AAA titles.
        Albeit is playable.

Comment

Didn't read anything, but how's the 6650 XT compare directly to a 6600 XT?

I just bought a 6600 XT for $400 and I'm slightly interested to see if it's really worthwhile to bother returning it since I'm within 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
            Didn't read anything, but how's the 6650 XT compare directly to a 6600 XT?

I just bought a 6600 XT for $400 and I'm slightly interested to see if it's really worthwhile to bother returning it since I'm within 30 days
            5% faster on average.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
              Buying refurbished OEM-PCs still provide the best value these days.

But unfortunately AMD seems to have a volume problem (most likely TSMC is the bottleneck here), as finding Intel + nVidia is both easier & cheaper than AMD CPU + GPU.

For 1111 € (tax included), my expectations have been exceeded by my Acer PC with a Intel i7-11700F + nVidia RTX 3060 Ti combo.
              UEFI updates are possible without Windows and even ReBAR support can be successfully activated under Linux.

At a similar price point, sadly there was nothing comparable to be found from AMD...
              People can you stop spreading Amd's propaganda? TSMC never are the bottleneck, that is because the numbers of production machines / woofers are prepaid from Amd and Nvidia. The problem is that Amd gave the majority of the Gpu production channel to Consoles and Cars in order to have everyone as a client. If Sony wants new console earlier than 10 years, then they should pay in advance for Apu woofers and have the product delivered next year when the machines are in place. People think that Amd have good management today's, that is wrong (Heavy PC Apu reminder), they are saved by their intelligent scientific department.

Comment

so there is no plan to low end GPU?

all these GPUs are targeting miners this not for gamers

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

all these GPUs are targeting miners this not for gamers
                  Just wait, things will go easier in month or two.
                  AMD released cards that are not needed. They don't offer much uniqueness, no niche they fill.
                  I want 5800 at MSRP. I am waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                    The low end GPUs were launched in the last few months (Jan/Apr) and IIRC the 6500XT already has the faster (18 Gbps) VRAM.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 10 May 2022, 05:48 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                      bridgman agd5f WTF, y'all?
                      I'm guessing at which part of the quote you are asking about, but...

1 - I'll check, but I don't think we normally seed refresh boards like the 6x50 family to reviewers, so AFAIK nothing is different here

2 - we treated Windows & Linux reviewers the same way; Sapphire and others have seeded boards to Phoronix in the past

I may not have answered your question; let me know if so.

EDIT - looks like the forum code is replacing my "#1" and "#2" line headers with "Home" and "Forum"
                      Last edited by bridgman; 10 May 2022, 05:50 PM.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X