More AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Changes Queued Ahead Of Linux 5.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Changes Queued Ahead Of Linux 5.19

Phoronix: More AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Changes Queued Ahead Of Linux 5.19

Another week, another batch of new AMDGPU and AMDKFD kernel driver feature work ready for queuing in DRM-Next ahead of the next kernel cycle. Feature code continues building up in DRM-Next ahead of the Linux 5.19 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder when will AMD let us have SR-IOV on normal consumer GPUs.
    WINE is good but proper virtualization would be even better for some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      I wonder when will AMD let us have SR-IOV on normal consumer GPUs.
      WINE is good but proper virtualization would be even better for some cases.
      im hoping that we can get that on intel dgpus. here is a quote from a forum post about SR-IOV and the depreciation of gvt-g

I would like to let you know that the Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor supports SR-IOV (Single Root IO Virtualization), which is a new virtualization feature supported in hardware starting from Intel® Iris® Xe and in some of our discrete cards.
      Hi, I would like to know if the igpu intel Iris Xe Graphics on the CPU  i7-1165G7 can support sr-iov since GVT has been abandoned with 10th gen CPU on linux. thank you in advance

Comment

Im still dreaming of the day we get AMF encoder support on the open source drivers

Comment

Working...
        X