Radeon Vulkan Driver "RADV" Adds KHR_ray_query Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_core View Post
    Stadia doesn't render anything itself(only encodes video)
    it obviously renders everything itself, just on the server, not on the client. So not sure what your point is.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

it obviously renders everything itself, just on the server, not on the client. So not sure what your point is.
      Probably he doesn't know the concept of remote playing. Fun fact, you can do it even at home, without paying for a cloud gaming: My brother playes some games, those not running on MacBook M1, remotely from his (loud) computer in another room and streams it via Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Tested CP2077 - it hangs when enabling ray tracing in it. I assume vkd3d-proton still needs some work.
        I haven't checked recently but does DLSS and RT work in CP2077 with a NVIDIA card or are there issues there also? It just seems NVIDIA is making more progress in getting RT/DLSS stuff working under Linux while AMD users are stuck with fundamentally borked RT support.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post

Probably he doesn't know the concept of remote playing. Fun fact, you can do it even at home, without paying for a cloud gaming: My brother playes some games, those not running on MacBook M1, remotely from his (loud) computer in another room and streams it via Steam.
          I know. But it isn't Stadia that renders the game, but game. Stadia only grabs framebuffer(or something liek that), encodes and send to client(which sends input back) in simplicity.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_core View Post

I know. But it isn't Stadia that renders the game, but game. Stadia only grabs framebuffer(or something liek that), encodes and send to client(which sends input back) in simplicity.
            Stadia is that cloud. It consists of the servers containing GPUs and encoding chips (the encoding on the AMD GPU is sh!t) and running the games. The software grabs the framebuffer, encodes it and sends to the user.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

I haven't checked recently but does DLSS and RT work in CP2077 with a NVIDIA card or are there issues there also? It just seems NVIDIA is making more progress in getting RT/DLSS stuff working under Linux while AMD users are stuck with fundamentally borked RT support.
              I'm about 90% certain that AMD's existing raytracing support is IP-encumbered, and they can't release it as is under open source. And they haven't cared enough about it on linux yet to rewrite it in a manner that could be opened up.

Comment

Working...
              X