Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD ROCm 5.0.2 Released With A Fix, Minor Documentation Update

Phoronix: AMD ROCm 5.0.2 Released With A Fix, Minor Documentation Update

Just under one month ago was the ROCm 5.0 release with formal RDNA2 support and on Friday night marked the latest point release for that open-source AMD Radeon Open eCosystem compute stack update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm hoping ebuilds for Gentoo appear soon, there seems to be quite a few differences between 4.5 and 5 and wasn't able to update them myself

Comment

I've updated opencl-amd and opencl-amd-dev for Arch / Manjaro to use 5.0.2 - Any feedback (hopefully from people with an RDNA 2 GPU that use ROCm (e.g Pytorch / Tensorflow)) is welcome.

Comment

fix the cigarette lighter

i.e. polaris support

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          I'm hoping ebuilds for Gentoo appear soon, there seems to be quite a few differences between 4.5 and 5 and wasn't able to update them myself
          I'm working on it. Hopefully the 5.0 will be landed a week later, if gentoo developers have time to review changes.

Comment

I still can't believe Vega 10 (Vega Frontier, Radeon Pro WX 9100, and Instinct MI25) were all depreciated in 5.0! I mean it's like they want devs to give up on ROCm with so little being "officially supported". I'm not waisting my time (or money) with something that's not guaranteed to work and work for a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by jaehan.gyopo View Post
              I still can't believe Vega 10 (Vega Frontier, Radeon Pro WX 9100, and Instinct MI25) were all depreciated in 5.0! I mean it's like they want devs to give up on ROCm with so little being "officially supported". I'm not waisting my time (or money) with something that's not guaranteed to work and work for a long long time.
              Deprecated?!?!

Guess ROCm was a waste of time!
              So first they only support Polaris/Vega, and now they deprecate it?!

Comment

Ah, yes "deprecated" not "depreciated", although the second kind of follows from the first.

I noticed it only when I glanced at the 5.x

Comment

table of supported devices. But they snuck it in the 4.5 release actually: https://amd-prod.zoominsoftware.io/b...s_Release.html

Comment

Originally posted by jaehan.gyopo View Post
                    The code is open source and not going anywhere, it's just no longer getting the same level of qualification as newer chips. You could argue that older chips in mesa are deprecated as well. They also don't get the same level of testing as newer chips.
                    Last edited by agd5f; 08 March 2022, 05:14 PM. Reason: fix spelling.

Comment

Working...
                    X