Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon ROCm Device Libs 5.0.0 built for Fedora Rawhide

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/...uildID=1917219

Follow-up: ROCm Compiler Support 5.0.0 was built for Fedora Rawhide yesterday.

Comment

Now comes time for the big one at Debian too https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2.../msg00099.html

Comment

Does any one know all the Fedora packages that are needed to get an openCL stack running under ROCm? Are all the pieces in place now or are we waiting for things still?

I have this installed so far and I am wondering if it is enough. There needs to be a meta package.

rocm-comgr-5.0.0-1.fc36.x86_64
        rocm-device-libs-5.0.0-1.fc36.x86_64
        hsakmt-1.0.6-19.rocm5.0.0.fc36.x86_64
        rocm-runtime-5.0.0-2.fc36.x86_64
        rocminfo-5.0.0-1.fc36.x86_64
        rocm-smi-4.0.0-5.fc36.noarch

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
          I have this installed so far and I am wondering if it is enough. There needs to be a meta package.
          You should have all dependencies there. There will be metapackages in due time, in the same vein as AMD provides.

You need now for opencl the package rocclr+opencl of course

Comment

Originally posted by Maxzor View Post
            You should have all dependencies there. There will be metapackages in due time, in the same vein as AMD provides.

You need now for opencl the package rocclr+opencl of course
            Thanks for the response. Are you the person that is packaging these? Is there a good place to track what is happening with this?

Comment

Thanks for the response. Are you the person that is packaging these? Is there a good place to track what is happening with this?
              You want to ping Jeremy Newton Mystro256 whom is handling Fedora packaging. (I am packaging ROCm for Debian.)

Comment

MadeUpName most of the packages are there, I have a COPR with the missing rocm-opencl package:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...6/rocm-opencl/

The package is very rough, but should work. It's not well tested, so use at your own risk. Make sure you're user is in the render group to have permission to /dev/kfd.

If anyone else is a fedora packager, feel free to take it off of me and add me as a reviewer. I updated most of Fedora's rocm packages to 5.0.0, and intend to help maintain these specific packages in the future (currently rocminfo, comgr, device lib, haskmt, rocm-runtime).
                Last edited by Mystro256; 21 February 2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
                  MadeUpName most of the packages are there, I have a COPR with the missing rocm-opencl package:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...6/rocm-opencl/

The package is very rough, but should work. It's not well tested, so use at your own risk. Make sure you're user is in the render group to have permission to /dev/kfd.

If anyone else is a fedora packager, feel free to take it off of me and add me as a reviewer. I updated most of Fedora's rocm packages to 5.0.0, and intend to help maintain these specific packages in the future (currently rocminfo, comgr, device lib, haskmt, rocm-runtime).
                  Thanks for the response and thanks for the effort you are putting in. I had a look at some of your other work in the copr and you have been busy on hard stuff. The one component I don't see there is comgr is that still waiting to be done? Do you know if Fedora is going to try and add these to 36 if it is stable enough or is it already to late in the game to make 36? Again thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the response and thanks for the effort you are putting in. I had a look at some of your other work in the copr and you have been busy on hard stuff. The one component I don't see there is comgr is that still waiting to be done? Do you know if Fedora is going to try and add these to 36 if it is stable enough or is it already to late in the game to make 36? .
                    comgr is in F36. Base package is https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rocm-compilersupport (named similar to AMD's upstream repo) and can be installed via rocm-comgr. If you install Jeremy's opencl package please also install rocm-comgr to get working opencl (missing dependency currently).

Comment

Working...
                    X