• nsneck
    replied
    Does [email protected] work with ROCm?

Leave a comment:

• illwieckz
    replied
    Michael you may be interested by this:
    Originally posted by Maxzor View Post
    AMD announced that official support for Polaris was dropped a few months ago already.
    Still, it does not mean that GPUs do not work at all with ROCm anymore, far from it... you still have support for Terascale cards in the LLVM backend.
    Unfortunately Clover is still not complete, and it even broke recently for the subset that was working.

Originally posted by billyswong View Post
    It's worse than that. Even if your GPU get support today, it can lose support tomorrow. Not just no-new-feature-for-your-old-GPU kind, but suddenly-fail-what-you-could-do-before kind. This is bad to customer trust and confidence.
    This is super bad, indeed.
    Last edited by illwieckz; 15 March 2022, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• billyswong
    replied
    Originally posted by ms178 View Post
    ROCm on consumer GPUs beyond GFX9 (Vega) seems to be a WIP, that is not a great signal to consumers. I know they are prioritizing their server parts and GFX9 is the technical base there, but still. Consumer care about the support of their GPUs on day one (or when they can get their hands on one of these nowadays) - and not two years after release.
    It's worse than that. Even if your GPU get support today, it can lose support tomorrow. Not just no-new-feature-for-your-old-GPU kind, but suddenly-fail-what-you-could-do-before kind. This is bad to customer trust and confidence.

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by piorunz View Post
    Does is mean OpenCL will work on Debian with Radeon 6800XT cards, or that's still in dreams territory?
    OpenCL support is already there (I already used in on 5500 and 6700XT)
    RoCm means a different set of APIs and a few more accelerated libraries (analog to CUDA+cuBLAS+cuFFT+cuDNN+....)

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied
    Does is mean OpenCL will work on Debian with Radeon 6800XT cards, or that's still in dreams territory?

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    ROCm on consumer GPUs beyond GFX9 (Vega) seems to be a WIP, that is not a great signal to consumers. I know they are prioritizing their server parts and GFX9 is the technical base there, but still. Consumer care about the support of their GPUs on day one (or when they can get their hands on one of these nowadays) - and not two years after release.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    I could do OpenCL only with upstream kernel on Ubuntu 22.04 with sudo apt install rocm-opencl

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    As always two steps backwards for each step forward

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxzor View Post

AMD announced that official support for Polaris was dropped a few months ago already.
    Still, it does not mean that GPUs do not work at all with ROCm anymore, far from it... you still have support for Terascale cards in the LLVM backend.
    If it still work, then I'm ok with it!

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    and rdna 1? really?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X