AMDVLK 2022.Q1.1 Released With Radeon RX 6500 XT Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Thanks for selling me a PCIe 3.0 APU when you knew damn well that you had a PCIe 4.0 only GPU coming out. Fuckers.
    Huh? It should run fine @ PCIe 3.0, but the x4 thing could bottleneck some games.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
      Hardware Unboxed tested how a 5500 XT that is limited to x4 will perform under PCIe 3.0. Basically exactly what I thought - around 50% perf loss on average. The Doom Eternal result is spectacular - 171% perf loss.
      That's a little hard to believe, unless they're using lots of textures that are too big to fit on the card. I suspect they rigged the review for sensational headlines, rather than focusing on what settings actually made sense for owners of that card to use.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
        It is even worse than a RX 590 more often than not which also performs much better on PCIE Gen3 plattforms.
        It was made to be a cheap, entry-level card. The RX 590 was mid-range, not entry-level. Granted, these times have pushed specs lower than they should be, but you have to get your brain in the present to understand why they spec'd it out like they did.

The market would have been better served if they produced more Polaris cards in volume instead of this waste of silicon.
        Fab capacity is tight on all nodes and these dies are physically much smaller than those. I'm not sure that would've been a realistic option.

This shameless cash grab needs to be called out
        AMD builds good-performing cards scooped up by miners and is accused of a cash-grab. AMD builds a card designed to be as affordable as possible and non-miner friendly and still accused of a cash-grab. They can't win.

Don't forget that the input prices have gone up, as well. It is not AMD simply pocketing the delta between what this card should cost and what it does.

and thankfully the reviewers just did that.
        Reviewers just want clicks. They have an incentive to take the most inflammatory or controversial position. And that is a true cash-grab!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          RX 6500 XT Linux benchmarks in a few days....

https://twitter.com/phoronix/status/1483802161913995267
          Wow, that's pretty impressive for $1999.99 US.

AMD should have sent you one.

For someone who is stuck with integrated graphics or a GT 730, it would be a huge improvement, unless it really did cost $1999.00 US.

Comment

The problem is price, not a card. I would gladly purchase this card for ~200USD in current market, which would be ~180 EUR in my region. However, almost all EU shops sell this card for 330 - 370EUR, which makes it ~400USD. If you can actually buy this card for 200USD in US and still complaining, well, fuck you then
            Last edited by drakonas777; 19 January 2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              RX 6500 XT Linux benchmarks in a few days....

https://twitter.com/phoronix/status/1483802161913995267
              i really wonder about all the people who claim you can not buy it at 199dollars and then you just buy one for 199dollars...

these people are "nuts" ,,., and the reason why this card is so cheap is simple: Ethereum need 4,8GB vram...

i did want to buy a 6400 or 6500 for my mother for AV1 video decode support alone but this card has no AV1 decode...

@ AMD no AV1 decode support makes this card a failure...
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                The primary use of Navi24 will be in laptops paired with a Rembrandt APU, which has full video functionality and Gen4 PCIE.
                My impression was that it was just encode that was limited in Navi24, not decode - still not sure if that limitation is real or just a typo on the product page. Trying to find out a definitive answer.
                right if that is the case then it is nice that amd could really hit the 199dollar price...
                but this is only in laptops compared with a Rembrandt APU,

but as PCIe card this card is a complete failure if thereis really no AV1 decode...

if there would be AV1 decode i would buy a card for my mothers 8-9years old bullfozer FX4300 cpu it is to weak to play AV1 but my mother does not need any faster cpu... so i thought i could just put in a new gpu and get AV1 decode on youtube and so one...

all the people claim 4GB vram is a failure and claim 470/570 had 8gb really my 199€ RX 470 i had 4-5 years ago alsp only had 4GB vram.

bridgman can you tell us if the PRO card of this Navi24 chip has 8gb vram ? did read some news about new pro card with navi24 chip-

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

if there would be AV1 decode i would buy a card for my mothers 8-9years old bullfozer FX4300 cpu it is to weak to play AV1 but my mother does not need any faster cpu... so i thought i could just put in a new gpu and get AV1 decode on youtube and so one...
                  Are you seriously considering to buy a Navi 24 PRO card for your purpose?! They are neither cheap nor do I expect them to feature AV1 decode, they cut the silicon down, hence this part is physically not on the chip. At least that is what AMD has told us and the press. You should wait for Intel's XE low end chip, that should feature AV1 decode and 6 GB VRAM if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Are you seriously considering to buy a Navi 24 PRO card for your purpose?! They are neither cheap nor do I expect them to feature AV1 decode, they cut the silicon down, hence this part is physically not on the chip. At least that is what AMD has told us and the press. You should wait for Intel's XE low end chip, that should feature AV1 decode and 6 GB VRAM if I am not mistaken.
                    i do not buy anything without AV1 decode support...

"neither cheap"

looks like you did not read the news... the Radeon Pro W6400 is 229 US-Dollars...

for a PRO card this is very cheap...

"You should wait for Intel's XE low end chip, that should feature AV1 decode and 6 GB VRAM if I am not mistaken."

yes exactly for my mother if intel does have AV1 decode i will buy a intel gpu

but i think intel will make sure their GPUs only work with intel CPUs...

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
                      but i think intel will make sure their GPUs only work with intel CPUs...
                      Don't spread FUD.

Comment

Working...
                      X