X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zika
    replied
    Originally posted by ssmaxss View Post
    you should use site like pastebin, and post here only link.
    Good to know, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ssmaxss
    replied
    Xorg.0.log is to big to put it here ...
    you should use site like pastebin, and post here only link.

Leave a comment:

• zika
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    If you pastebin an X log we can take a look. First thing to check is Option "DRI" in the Device section; radeonhd needs that while radeon does not.
    I have DRI option. Xorg.0.log is to big to put it here ...

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Why do you want to use radeonhd? Use radeon if it doesn't have this problem. Radeonhd should die after adding audio over hdmi support to radeon imho.
    Actually they might end up both dying and getting replaced by a lean and mean driver that taps into Gallium and KMS+memory manager for about everything.

Leave a comment:

• zika
    replied
    Why do you want to use radeonhd? Use radeon if it doesn't have this problem. Radeonhd should die after adding audio over hdmi support to radeon imho.
    I was not aware of that. I thought the other way around ... Thank You for solving my dilemma ...

update: Today's upgrade to radeonhd-rewrite solved it ...!
    update: But only in 2.6.30. In 2.6.28-12 (with added module radeon) the problem persists ...)
    Last edited by zika; 25 May 2009, 03:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by zika View Post
    ASUS AH3650 a.k.a. ATI Radeon HD 3650 512M :

if I use radeonhd driver scrolling in Firefox is painfully slow, line by line with redraw every time.

I'm up to date to tormod and sarvatt ppa's ... I've tried with 2.6.30-rc{6,7} but no help ...

It doesn't happen with radeon driver.

any help?

When we can expect some breakthrough in 2D and 3D for this (R635) engine ...? compiz ... ?
    If you pastebin an X log we can take a look. First thing to check is Option "DRI" in the Device section; radeonhd needs that while radeon does not.

Leave a comment:

• ssmaxss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zika
    replied
    ASUS AH3650 a.k.a. ATI Radeon HD 3650 512M :

if I use radeonhd driver scrolling in Firefox is painfully slow, line by line with redraw every time.

I'm up to date to tormod and sarvatt ppa's ... I've tried with 2.6.30-rc{6,7} but no help ...

It doesn't happen with radeon driver.

any help?

When we can expect some breakthrough in 2D and 3D for this (R635) engine ...? compiz ... ?
    Last edited by zika; 24 May 2009, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• forum1793
    replied
    None of these xorg.conf changes work for me, except the accelmethod none which slowed window dragging and mousewheel scrolling to annoying levels.

I thought I did the git clone...git pull...and git checkout stuff but I must not have. I know this does not support the 780g (hd3200) yet with 3d but I thought I'd try it out.

So far 2D acceleration seems to be much better than previous ati or radeonhd.

When I cd into mesa and do git branch, I see master and then have an asterisk in front of radeon-rewrite. What do I need to play along? In meantime I'll try to git checkout the r6xxx ones.

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    Update: I managed to get RadeonHD working with the drm. I totally forgot that RadeonHD needs Option "DRI" "on" in the xorg.conf... With RadeonHD and Option "AccelMethod" "None" in the xorg.conf the X server doesn't lock up anymore.

The hello program still doesn't look how it's intended to be though, still a lot of transparency.

Last edited by monraaf; 21 May 2009, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X