Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Cool, I'm glad someone got it working.

It did run better a few weeks ago before texture support was added; I suspect something got broken either then or during the subsequent cleanup before release. We'll figure it out next week...
    nice to know a cleanup breaks something: it's exactly the same when at home, cleaning you break something by accident sweet old real life

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
      it segfaults every time at 30 seconds and there is so much debugging output that I have to redirect stderr to /dev/null
      A bit more info on the segfault - redirecting to a file (which is 200k lines after 30 secs) ends with -

**********WARN_ONCE******************
      File r600_mem.c function r600MemAlloc line 274
      Ran out of GART memory (for 1048576)!

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
        nice to know a cleanup breaks something: it's exactly the same when at home, cleaning you break something by accident sweet old real life
        I wouldn't equate these changes with cleanup. They're more like adding a new section to the house (some walls may get knocked down in the process).

Comment

Could you tell me which application cause this problem?

Comment

Wow glxgears works for me. I get "1254 frames in 5.0 seconds = 249.975 FPS" and everything looks normal. Only the cpu usage is very high, but i think that's normal right now.

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with the latest ati and drm versions on a Mobility Radeon 2600.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperyuan View Post
              Could you tell me which application cause this problem?
              Hi

I replied to your PM - I guess you got linked directly to my last post. See my first post in this thread for more info and screen shots of what I see with glxgears.

Comment

Originally posted by Boerkel View Post
                Wow glxgears works for me. I get "1254 frames in 5.0 seconds = 249.975 FPS" and everything looks normal. Only the cpu usage is very high, but i think that's normal right now.

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with the latest ati and drm versions on a Mobility Radeon 2600.

I also get about 250 fps with glxgears and high cpu usage when the software rasterizer is used. Are you sure you are not using the software rasterizer?

Can yo do a:
                Code:
                glxinfo|grep renderer

Comment

Originally posted by Boerkel View Post

Unless you have built the correct branches from mesa and agd5f's drm then you will be using the software renderer - swrast.

glxinfo | grep renderer should tell you.

Edit: lol beaten by 4 minutes :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                    Heh, looks like the shadows on the gears were calculated horribly wrong in all three gears. (Kinda interesting that it seems some stuff in the red gear is rendered *completely* black)
                    Edit: Oh, wait. Actually all three gears have some of their lower-right portions rendered completely black. Me blind.
                    Seems like the backface culling isn't rendered well...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                      I wouldn't equate these changes with cleanup.
                      Please also read the original message which was replied to, mk?
                      As in, this:
                      Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      I suspect something got broken either then or during the subsequent cleanup before release.

Comment

Working...
                      X