• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by glock24 View Post
    aticonfig --lsp
    Error: POWERplay is not supported on your hardware.

aticonfig --od-gettemperature
    ERROR - ATI Overdrive(TM) is not supported on the Default Adapter - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

This is with fglrx. The last time I tested the adeon or radeonhd it didn't even work, just got a white screen, or a gray, caleoidoscope-like screen, but that was long ago.

Where do I set DynamicPM or ForceLowPowerMode options? xorg.conf? aticonfig?
    Those options are only relevant for the open source radeon driver, not fglrx. If you want to try them with the radeon driver, you'd put them in the device section of your xorg.conf.

Leave a comment:

• glock24
    replied
    aticonfig --lsp
    Error: POWERplay is not supported on your hardware.

aticonfig --od-gettemperature
    ERROR - ATI Overdrive(TM) is not supported on the Default Adapter - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

This is with fglrx. The last time I tested the adeon or radeonhd it didn't even work, just got a white screen, or a gray, caleoidoscope-like screen, but that was long ago.

Where do I set DynamicPM or ForceLowPowerMode options? xorg.conf? aticonfig?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Neither works
    Also are you talking about fglrx or the latest xf86-video-ati built from git ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 18 April 2009, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Neither works
    Well, there's no support for reading the temperature yet, but the basic power management stuff should work. When you say power management doesn't work what do you mean? System locks up? The DynamicPM option only switches to a lower power mode when your displays are blanked. The ForceLowPowerMode option should force your chip into a lower power state all the time.

Leave a comment:

• glock24
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Are you talking about reading GPU temperature or the new power management options ?
    Neither works

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Are you talking about reading GPU temperature or the new power management options ?

Leave a comment:

• glock24
    replied
    Originally posted by moomoo View Post
    sometimes, it doesn't even work /with/ fglrx
    This is true! It does not work on my HD3650.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    agd5f: why not enabling DynamicPM and maybe also ClockGating by default so that all users can benefit from the power saving?
    I hope to eventually, but I want to get the bugs worked out first. So please test and report bugs to https://bugs.freedesktop.org

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    agd5f: why not enabling DynamicPM and maybe also ClockGating by default so that all users can benefit from the power saving?

Leave a comment:

• alec
    replied
    This all is excellent news! I will try it out when I have a chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X