Minecraft Now 30% Faster With Open-Source AMD Radeon Driver On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minecraft Now 30% Faster With Open-Source AMD Radeon Driver On Linux

Phoronix: Minecraft Now 30% Faster With Open-Source AMD Radeon Driver On Linux

Those using the open-source AMD Radeon OpenGL driver "RadeonSI" on Linux the performance within the popular Minecraft game is about to be a lot better...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What a nice day to install Sodium

Comment

Does mesa_glthread=true work on virgl hosts? If so, how do I pass it to qemu/virgl before booting my VMs?

Comment

For those of you who don't have Minecraft and want to try out a free open source Minecraft clone, check out Minetest.

Comment

I think Valve will fix the issue with CS:GO, as they will want the most performance on the deck, hopefully this flag will be enabled in the future by default and have blacklist rather than whitelist.

Comment

So I understand it will only work with the official Minecraft launcher, which means if I use an unofficial launcher, I'll still have to set mesa_glthread=true manually, right?

Comment

Are there any comparisons to windows perf?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                For those of you who don't have Minecraft and want to try out a free open source Minecraft clone, check out Minetest.
                Wouldn't really describe Minetest as "Minecraft clone". Aside from core gameplay (procedurally generated voxel world with mining and building) they are not very similar. It's still worth to check Minetest anyway (even if you have Minecraft) not only because it's free and open source but also because there are many mods (yes, even mods that tries to make Minetest like Minecraft) that can add many things to game.

Comment

Btw, is there any list/link where I can see for which games mesa_glthread is enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                    Btw, is there any list/link where I can see for which games mesa_glthread is enabled?
                    Not sure if this is the entire list, but from the article: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...-defaults.conf and search for mesa_glthread

Comment

Working...
                    X