Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Enables NGG Shader Culling For Navi 1x Consumer GPUs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RadeonSI Enables NGG Shader Culling For Navi 1x Consumer GPUs

    Phoronix: RadeonSI Enables NGG Shader Culling For Navi 1x Consumer GPUs

    As another possible performance win for RadeonSI Gallium3D as AMD's open-source Radeon OpenGL driver on Linux systems is enabling of NGG culling for Navi 1x consumer graphics processors rather than limiting it only to newer Navi 2x (RDNA2) GPUs...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ulling-Navi-1x

  • #2
    Nice. Is there any reason why is NGG culling not too beneficial for Vulkan?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Nice. Is there any reason why is NGG culling not too beneficial for Vulkan?
      It is.

      It's not beneficial right now now for RDNA1 as
      Meanwhile on the Vulkan driver side, Mesa 21.3's RADV enables NGG culling but only for the latest Navi 2x GPUs.

      Comment


      • #4
        I remember that I have tested NGG culling a few month ago when the mr was just submitted by timur on my 5700XT. At that time I had slightly worse performance in games e.g. CB2077. Not tested it since then.

        edit ...I was writing nonsense in the last paragraph...
        Last edited by CochainComplex; 19 October 2021, 07:18 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Quick question.

          Is $600+tax really stupid for an Asus Zaku motherboard and a 6600 XT?

          Whoops....$699+tax.
          Last edited by skeevy420; 19 October 2021, 07:48 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            Quick question.

            Is $600+tax really stupid for an Asus Zaku motherboard and a 6600 XT?


            edit:
            that one is solved: thx @billyswong...
            any reason why it is blank ? ...cant embbed any pic. reuploading to an imgur server does also not work.
            Last edited by CochainComplex; 19 October 2021, 10:01 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              I remember that I have tested NGG culling a few month ago when the mr was just submitted by timur on my 5700XT. At that time I had slightly worse performance in games e.g. CB2077. Not tested it since then.

              edit ...I was writing nonsense in the last paragraph...
              Mesa should be determining on the fly whether to disable or enable NGG, using a runtime performance feedback mechanism.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

                Mesa should be determining on the fly whether to disable or enable NGG, using a runtime performance feedback mechanism.
                I really like the idea but is it even feasible without degrading the runtime performance?
                constant monitoring the the procedure sounds to me like a quite performance hungry endeavour.
                But could work very good once we hit theamdahl's bottleneck and having the one or other core unoccupied with work.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post


                  https://imgflip.com/i/5qzozb

                  any reason why it is blank ? ...cant embbed any pic. reuploading to an imgur server does also not work.
                  You used the html link, not the actual image url.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ...damn ...now I feel a bit embarrassed thx for helping

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X