RadeonSI Driver Merges NGG Improvements, Other Optimizations For Mesa 21.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Driver Merges NGG Improvements, Other Optimizations For Mesa 21.3

Phoronix: RadeonSI Driver Merges NGG Improvements, Other Optimizations For Mesa 21.3

AMD open-source driver developers today merged another big set of patches providing various micro-optimizations and other enhancements to the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking good as always!

Comment

Meanwhile, Vega/gfx9 still crashes

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
        Meanwhile, Vega/gfx9 still crashes
        Please open an issue in the Mesa gitlab if you haven't done so already.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

Please open an issue in the Mesa gitlab if you haven't done so already.
          There's a dozen of issues open already, some of them are 2+ years old now.

Comment

Find a stable version and stick to it. You're not obligated to use the newest version. Make the bug reports still so they know it's an active and prevalent.

No one is asking you to *fix* the bug, just report it. Stop whining. No one is interested. Not being mean.

Comment

Did you open a bug 2 years ago and it's still not solved? Can you please give me a link to this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Find a stable version and stick to it. You're not obligated to use the newest version. Make the bug reports still so they know it's an active and prevalent.

No one is asking you to *fix* the bug, just report it. Stop whining. No one is interested. Not being mean.
                There's no stable version, all versions are affected. The issue was reported multiple times already. And no, I won't stop mentioning it, until AMD fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

Did you open a bug 2 years ago and it's still not solved? Can you please give me a link to this issue?
                  I did not open it, but many people did. I believe the most up-to-date report is bug #716 on freedesktop gitlab. It also contains a working workaround, but it isn't acceptable for desktop use.

Comment

I did not open it, but many people did. I believe the most up-to-date report is bug #716 on freedesktop gitlab. It also contains a working workaround, but it isn't acceptable for desktop use.
                    Issue 716 is about the Intel drivers, and is waiting for the user to respond back. If you are experiencing this bug, please respond to the developers.

Comment

Working...
                    X