RadeonSI Lands Big Batch Of Improvements To Lower CPU Overhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

The Linux headless mode of Siemens NX on Linux in fact still uses opengl. GUI portion removed does not mean opengl usage is removed.

If you’re like me, you have a GPU-accelerated in-situ visualization toolkit that you need to run on the latest-generation supercomputer. Or maybe you have a fantastic OpenGL application that you want…

Its really simple to forgot about the EGL stuff where you can be using opengl without a graphical output.

No you miss read the memo. AMD has read the memo right. For the cluster processing of NX(this is fairly much all Linux based and gui less) having AMD opengl code work well well equals sales for AMD in possible bulk.
    I actually stopped bothering to try and comprehend your miserable & messy writing a long time ago, since I can never be sure if what you are trying to say is at least partially true or once again completely pulled out of a certain part of your body!

And once again, you further reinforce my assumptions about you; for that at least, I have to thank you!

I'll just post this quote from the official release notes of Siemens NX, and then everyone can make up their own minds about your trustworthiness:
    Linux

Starting in NX 1847, NX is no longer supported on the Linux operating system for interactive NX (NX running with UI), which includes graphics and XESS integration.
    It is only supported for running solvers and NX Open batch programs with no user interface calls.
    Your actions unfortunately forced me to not take you seriously, and I suggest everyone who values their time does the same; which also means this will be my last reply to you.

Have a nice life!

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
      I'll just post this quote from the official release notes of Siemens NX, and then everyone can make up their own minds about your trustworthiness:

Your actions unfortunately forced me to not take you seriously, and I suggest everyone who values their time does the same; which also means this will be my last reply to you.
      If you’re like me, you have a GPU-accelerated in-situ visualization toolkit that you need to run on the latest-generation supercomputer. Or maybe you have a fantastic OpenGL application that you want…

Read above link.
      Starting in NX 1847, NX is no longer supported on the Linux operating system for interactive NX (NX running with UI), which includes graphics and XESS integration.
      It is only supported for running solvers and NX Open batch programs with no user interface calls.
      EGL does not have to be user interface. Neither does Opengl. I include link documenting how to code that way. Opengl does not require a X11 server to work does not require monitor does not require a keyboard. Only requires a GPU.

Yes in NX 1847 list of supported hardware is Redhat Linux with Nvidia GPU for using EGL headless with opengl headless. Yes headless as in no user interface.

The reality is you have miss read that section. No user interface calls does not equal no EGL or no Opengl usage. No user interface means basically no Wayland compositor or X11 server or connected display output this is very different to no opengl at all.

Comment

Working...
      X