X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slavikgenes
    replied
    Originally posted by leandrolnh View Post
    One thing that I don't like in corectrl is that it changes the frequency governor each time you launch it to ondemand.
    You do realize that you can change it for Global Profile in CoreCtrl?

Leave a comment:

• leandrolnh
    replied
    One thing that I don't like in corectrl is that it changes the frequency governor each time you launch it to ondemand.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by ms178 View Post

It definetly was related to using that program. I regularly bench with a CPU-limited older game to verify the performance as I play around with newer compilers and I did a classic AB test with and without using that program. The reason for using CoreCtrl was not undervolting (I do this already via a config file) but it was to increase the fan speeds, as I only own a blower-style Vega 56, hence the temperatures were even better when using CoreCtrl but the performane was more than 10 % worse. Maybe their diagnostics eat a lot of ressources or there is another performance-costing bug in there.

In GPU-limited games the performance regression wasn't noticeable though.
    Got you. Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• benis
    replied
    I love CoreCtrl - great app for both cpu and AMD gpus.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Article error: Why is the video for CoreCtrl 1.0?
    No video yet for 1.2.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Article error: Why is the video for CoreCtrl 1.0?

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Likely unrelated. And I bet it was just thermal throttling, and downclocked your core as a result. Just my hunch
    It definetly was related to using that program. I regularly bench with a CPU-limited older game to verify the performance as I play around with newer compilers and I did a classic AB test with and without using that program. The reason for using CoreCtrl was not undervolting (I do this already via a config file) but it was to increase the fan speeds, as I only own a blower-style Vega 56, hence the temperatures were even better when using CoreCtrl but the performane was more than 10 % worse. Maybe their diagnostics eat a lot of ressources or there is another performance-costing bug in there.

In GPU-limited games the performance regression wasn't noticeable though.

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    Finally some thing that gives me some useful info about my GPU. Loaded a 4K AV1 from YT and the fan barely spins. Hopefully this becomes available for Centos where I really need this and the GPU gets run into the ground.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by ms178 View Post
    Last time I used it, I also noticed a performance penalty while using the program which vanished after uninstalling it.
    Likely unrelated. And I bet it was just thermal throttling, and downclocked your core as a result. Just my hunch

Leave a comment:

• gnarlin
    replied
    Spelling error: "aroudnd"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X