CoreCtrl 1.2 Brings Support For More Sensors, Voltage Offsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Article error: Why is the video for CoreCtrl 1.0?
    No video yet for 1.2.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I love CoreCtrl - great app for both cpu and AMD gpus.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

It definetly was related to using that program. I regularly bench with a CPU-limited older game to verify the performance as I play around with newer compilers and I did a classic AB test with and without using that program. The reason for using CoreCtrl was not undervolting (I do this already via a config file) but it was to increase the fan speeds, as I only own a blower-style Vega 56, hence the temperatures were even better when using CoreCtrl but the performane was more than 10 % worse. Maybe their diagnostics eat a lot of ressources or there is another performance-costing bug in there.

In GPU-limited games the performance regression wasn't noticeable though.
        Got you. Thanks for sharing

Comment

One thing that I don't like in corectrl is that it changes the frequency governor each time you launch it to ondemand.

Comment

Originally posted by leandrolnh View Post
            One thing that I don't like in corectrl is that it changes the frequency governor each time you launch it to ondemand.
            You do realize that you can change it for Global Profile in CoreCtrl?

Comment

Working...
            X