RADV Lands Fast Clear Improvements, Helping RDNA With VKD3D-Proton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Lands Fast Clear Improvements, Helping RDNA With VKD3D-Proton

Phoronix: RADV Lands Fast Clear Improvements, Helping RDNA With VKD3D-Proton

Samuel Pitoiset of Valve's Linux graphics driver team has been working on a number of improvements in recent days to the RADV Vulkan driver's handling around delta color compression (DCC) fast clears...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. Don't suppose we could get a quick comparison of the current point release and Mesa-git, on something with a dx12 renderer, and one with a vulkan renderer? One rdna and rdna2 card would be enough for a quick comparison.

Comment

I wonder of this patch was in use when Valve haad a bunch of media com to their HQ and try early Steam Deck units. And if not, how much difference it makes. Doom Eternal is in a lot of the marketing material so anything that boosts its performance more is a win for Valve and gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
        I wonder of this patch was in use when Valve haad a bunch of media com to their HQ and try early Steam Deck units. And if not, how much difference it makes. Doom Eternal is in a lot of the marketing material so anything that boosts its performance more is a win for Valve and gamers.
        That is a good question, since some stutter here & there could be noticed during gameplay.

Also, loading times were noted as being "kinda long"; hopefully Valve will actually make use of the BFQ I/O-scheduler that Linux offers on their device, because that is known to cut down on start-up times considerably, especially so when background tasks are competing for I/O attention, too.

Comment

Working...
        X