No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT Launching For 1080p RDNA2 Gaming At ~$379 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got the price wrong. It'll actually be about ~$800. We don't live in normal-price world right now.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peYYl2vrIt4 nice analysis of the card and market by Linus

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
        You got the price wrong. It'll actually be about ~$800. We don't live in normal-price world right now.
        Funny, and a great point. I'm just praying my GPU doesn't die on me. But this thing has survived many hours of ether mining, and some decent gaming for over 4 years now. I got my money's worth. I'll be sure to let you guys know when she.... goes

Comment

Of course - it is not in stock, but I want a 6800XT or RTX 3080 anyways.

I am kinda curios what will there be first - a RX 6800XT in Stock for a reasonable price - or the RADV driver having RTX at a reasonable performance.

This shortage really sucks, on the other hand, my 1070 TI does its job - but more power would be nice.

Comment

Actual retail store price here in Australia will be around $800AUD... just gouging as far as the eye can see!

Comment

... pricing on the RX 6600 XT is driven by the current market conditions and they opted for setting a realistic price versus putting an artificially lower price knowing full well the prices for what other graphics cards are commanding these days...
              Hooray! It's what I said they should do a year ago. It's better that AMD (and their suppliers) gets the money than scalpers.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                Come to think of it... The high end RX 480 was ~$379 in 2016...
                Actually, it was $239 for the 8GB model and $199 for the 4GB:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Actually, it was $239 for the 8GB model and $199 for the 4GB:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...80-linux&num=1
                    Thank you for the receipt, M@GOid.

I got mine for $238 I think it was
                    If this was Price is Right, I'd be up there spinning the wheel. $1, Bob !!

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
                      And no, we don't do RGB. We leave that to the Gen Z crowd (no offense)
                      perpetually lying. A little RGB never hurt anyone either

Comment

Working...
                      X