Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI R600/700 3D Acceleration In Mesa Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    I did not write that description. I create Kanotix which is Debian based.

Leave a comment:

• mattst88
    replied
    Kano, you're listed as a Debian developer. You should understand questions like "When can I play Zero Ballistics or Doom3?" are useless.

"When it's ready"

I can understand these kinds of questions coming from the average user who doesn't know better, but from a Developer...

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    That's why they are working on the "game" part.
    I still get tearing with videos (R700) is that normal?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Don't you think it is a bit uncomfortable to uninstall fglrx when you want to watch a video and then switch to fglrx when you want to play a game?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    For GLSL on 6xx/7xx you'll probably want to stay with fglrx for a while longer. I expect you will see GLSL in open drivers on 3xx-5xx before you see it on 6xx-7xx.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Or when can I play Zero Ballistics which requires GLSL... Also I don't know of any oss driver that can run gl2benchmark. fglrx 9-2 and newer runs it or nvidia binary.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I doubt anyone has tried it yet. We're focusing on getting the low level tests passing first.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    How far is running Doom3 on it then?

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    hey - that's great news !

thanks guys

seems like I can put back in my 4850

(I'm having loads of problems with flgrx - hopefully the opensource driver just works?)

kde 4 with accelerated / composited desktop (most preferably opengl) will work, right ?
    With EXA, render based compositing will work. GL-based compositing requires a 3D driver which is not available yet.

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    is there any ETA when powerplay / energy savings stuff for the R700 (or 600) gets included ?
    We hope to push some basic stuff out soon.

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    hey - that's great news !

thanks guys

seems like I can put back in my 4850

(I'm having loads of problems with flgrx - hopefully the opensource driver just works™)

kde 4 with accelerated / composited desktop (most preferably opengl) will work, right ?

is there any ETA when powerplay / energy savings stuff for the R700 (or 600) gets included ?
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 12 April 2009, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X