Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Software for Linux 21.20 Released

Phoronix: Radeon Software for Linux 21.20 Released

Quietly released last week by AMD was their Radeon Software for Linux 21.20 driver providing the latest packaged "Open" and "PRO" (Closed) driver components for use within enterprise Linux environments...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A GUI for thee, but not for me.

Comment

What is the difference between the Open and the Pro versions?
      I wish AMD would just drop the Pro version and make everything open source for everyone.

Comment

Meanwhile, kernel 5.12.13 decided to boil AMD GPUs, thanks to an evidently untested patch by an AMD dev: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/c..._if_using_amd/

Comment

Originally posted by mb_q View Post
          Meanwhile, kernel 5.12.13 decided to boil AMD GPUs, thanks to an evidently untested patch by an AMD dev: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/c..._if_using_amd/
          I remember experiencing something less serious, but similar on kernel 4.18 with my RX 580, when the idle power consumption was about 15w higher. Someone said it also happened on kernel 5.10.. What's the deal with these AMDGPU bugs that cause higher power consumption? It almost feels like it's the same bug repeating over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            What is the difference between the Open and the Pro versions?
            Upstream and the open and pro packaged drivers use the same kernel driver and mesa drivers. The pro packaged driver just provides closed source add on drivers for OpenGL, OpenCL, and vulkan mainly for workstation.

Comment

The teamredminer doesn't work with amdgpu-pro-21.20, only with 20.50.
              With Ubuntu 20.04.2, Linux 5.8 and a Vega 64 card.

Comment

My biggest hang-up is the lack of easy Freesync / Adaptive Sync use... has that changed lately? I've got 2 UW Freesync monitors and not being able to use them in Linux is a huge obstacle... I would love to hear how easy it is now!

Comment

Working...
                X